Jio Platforms Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- This website (“Website”) is made available by Jio Platforms Limited and/or its affiliates (“Company”, “we,” “us” and “our”) located at 101, Saffron, Nr. Centre Point, Panchwati 5 Rasta, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 380006 India.
- The Website provides information regarding 5G network and ability to avail existing and new offerings i.e., 5G network offerings of the Company (collectively known as "Services"). The Website is made available for usage by you on any browser available on desktop monitors, mobile phones, smart tablets etc.
- Your (“you”, “your” or “user”) use of Website is subject to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”).
Privacy and protection of personal information:
- Modifications of the Terms: The Company reserves the right to change the Terms under which the Services are offered, including but not limited to the charges, if any, associated with the use of the Services. The Terms may be further modified based on changes in the business, legal and regulatory requirements and will be updated online. We will notify you whenever any change to the Terms and Conditions are made. You are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review these Terms and any changes to it.
- Modification of Services: The Company reserves the right to add, modify or delete any content or features available in the Services at any time at its sole discretion.
Links To Third Party Sites And Applications:
- The Website may contain links to other websites/applications ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of the Company and the Company is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site or any information transmitted on a Linked Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Company of the site or any association with its operators.
- Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) included within or available via a link from the Website or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
- The Website may contain content including but not limited photos, videos, language, question and answers owned and distributed by a third-party on the Website and the Company shall not take any responsibility or liability on such third-party content nor shall it endorse the views therein.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Company shall own title, interest and rights, including all related intellectual property rights, in/of the Website including but not limited to object code of the Website, , content and features of Services, which is/are protected by the applicable laws except the content owned by the user. You acknowledge that such ownership shall include all intellectual property rights arising from any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other information provided by the user, in the course of use of Website.
- Services offered by the Website are intended solely for the purpose of availing Services provided by the Website. You may not distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or Services offered by the Website.
- As a condition of your use of the Website, you warrant to the Company that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You may not use the Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website.
- You are not entitled to use any kind of measures, mechanisms or tools (software or hardware) that could interfere with the functioning of the Website or any of its Services.
- You may not use the Services and/or the Website if you are under the age of 18 years
- You may be required to register in order to access the Website using the means and methodology as provided by the Company from time to time. Subject to the applicable law, by providing details or registering as per above you would deemed to have been waived the Do Not Disturb (“DND”) on your mobile number and you hereby grant consent for contacting you via SMS or Call on your mobile number or email, based on the information furnished by you either to us, or our affiliates or third parties nominated in this regard, for providing better services or for promotional activities related to the Services. Our team will contact you with necessary details if you have registered your interest in the Website.
- Use Restriction: You must not access the Website if you are a person who is either barred or otherwise legally prohibited from receiving or using the Service or any Services under the laws of India.
- By using our Services you hereby agree to ensure that the explicit prohibitions mentioned in section 8.4 are at all times adhered to.
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- Belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- Is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act 1986;
- Is misleading in any way;
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harassing or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chained letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- Promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- Infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or rights of publicity);
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making and/ or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we in our sole discretion believe is or could be construed to be as illegal;
- Harms minors in any way;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Impersonates another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offense or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation;
- Services may be made available for free of cost or for a specified cost as may be decided by the Company from time to time.
- Third-Party Fees: You may incur access or data fees from third parties (such as your internet provider or mobile carrier) in connection with your use of Services and of the Website. You are solely responsible for all such fees.
- Updates: You may need to install updates to the Platform, or related software that the Company may introduce from time to time to use Website. Services originating from the Website may communicate with the servers from time to time to check for available updates to the Services and to the functionality of the Website/Platform, such as bug fixes, patches, enhanced functions, missing plug-ins and new versions (collectively, "Updates"). Your use of the Services you have installed requires that you have agreed to receive such automatically requested Updates.
- Accuracy of Information: You agree that the information entered by you while profile creation/updation or using any of Services is true, current, complete and accurate in all respects. The Company is not responsible for any losses arising out of discrepancy in your data. You are solely responsible for maintaining confidentiality and security of your user account and for all activities that occur on or through your user account. The Company is not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your user account.
- The user agrees and acknowledges that the Company shall send commercial communication to the user in relation to the Services availed by the Company.
Limitation of liability
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE WEBSITE OR FOR ANY SECURITY BREACH OR ANY VIRUS, BUG, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, DEFECT, OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONING OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT, OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, YOUR USE OF, OR ACCESS TO, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTEST. FURTHER, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY TEMPORARY DISABLEMENT, PERMANENT DISCONTINUANCE OR MODIFICATION OF THE WEBSITE BY THE COMPANY OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM SUCH ACTIONS.
- YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ANY EQUIPMENT AND ANCILLARY SERVICES (INCLUDING THE PAYMENT OF ANY ADDITIONAL FEES THEREFORE) REQUIRED TO CONNECT TO, ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, VIDEO-ENABLED DEVICES, VIDEO COMMUNICATION SERVICES, MODEMS, HARDWARE, SERVERS, SOFTWARE, OPERATING SYSTEMS, NETWORKING, WEB SERVERS, INTERNET AND TELEPHONE SERVICE (COLLECTIVELY, “EQUIPMENT”). YOU WILL ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECURITY OF THE EQUIPMENT AND FOR ALL USES OF THE EQUIPMENT WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT AND OTHER MATERIALS YOU TRANSMIT THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SHARE WITH OTHER USERS OR RECIPIENTS. YOU WILL NOT TRANSMIT ANY CONTENT THAT YOU DID NOT CREATE OR THAT YOU DO NOT OWN ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN AND TO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COPYRIGHT AND RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY CONTAINED THEREIN.
- THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS AND ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AND RELATED CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTEST FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AND RELATED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES AND RELATED CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL SERVICES OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR DOES THE COMPANY ENDORSE FOR ANY SERVICES CONTAINED IN, SENT USING AND/OR INCLUDED IN THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
Termination (Temporary And Permanent Disablement)
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms, the Services offered to you may be terminated by the Company without assigning any reasons at any time at the sole discretion of the Company. Upon termination / suspension, you shall not have the right to use or access the Website /Services.
- The Company reserves the right to suspend and/ or terminate your access to the Services in case of any non-adherence to these Terms and Conditions by you.
Governing law and dispute resolution:
These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts in Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes arising out of these terms.
The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in the event of non-availability of any portion of the Website or Contest therein occasioned by act of God, war, disease, revolution, riot, civil commotion, strike, lockout, flood, fire, failure of any public utility, man-made disaster, infrastructure failure or any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Company.
If any of the provisions of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part of these Terms will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of these Terms.
Ms. Radha Nair, Reliance Corporate IT Park, TC-22, Thane Belapur Road, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai 400701. Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.