- JioOnline Application (hereinafter referred to as 'App', 'we', 'our', 'us') is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We are obligated to protect your information in accordance with applicable Indian laws and regulations.
Third Party Services
Please note that when you are on our server, your mobile service provider, mobile operating system provider, third party applications on your device, social media platforms, websites that you access and third party operators may also collect, use and share information about you and your usage. We cannot control how these third parties collect, use, share or secure this information. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult their respective privacy policies.Personal Information that we collect
- Personal information is defined as information that can be used to identify you and may include details such as your name, age, gender, contact information, payment details, business information, products and services you are interested in or require more information about. Insofar as sensitive personal information is concerned, it will carry the meaning as may be defined by applicable laws from time to time.
- We may collect this information through various forms and in various places such as the App, including when you access the App, when you first register with us, when you create a transaction, when you contact us, when you update your information or when you otherwise interact with us, by for example, way of telephone, letter or in person.
- The following is the manner in which we collect, use, share and retain personal information:
i. Collection- You agree that the App may collect such personal information, whenever relevant, for assisting you with relevant information and to complete any transaction or provide any product or services you have requested or authorized. You also consent to the collection of certain personal information in the course of you applying for the products and/or services.
ii. Usage - The App seeks your personal information either (i) to validate and process your request for the services of the App or information; or (ii) to improve the quality of the App; or (iii) to assist you to determine which services best meet your needs; or (iv) to facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements; or (v) to provide you with recommendation about services you may be interested in, based on your use of the App; or (vi) to provide you with marketing communications and advertising that the App believes may be of interest of you; or (vii) to facilitate your purchases; or (viii) to facilitate your usage of any information, entertainment, promotion and/or engagement services/facilities availed by you though the App; or (ix) to facilitate your participation in various contests or programs conducted by us and/or by our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents on the App.
iii. Sharing- We will strive to keep your personal information confidential and will place reasonable security controls to protect it. Your personal information will be kept confidential as required under applicable laws. We may share personal information with our affiliates or partners when necessary to perform services on our behalf or on your behalf, to provide advertising and promotional services, to provide search results and links (including paid listings and links), to process credit card payments, to provide customer service etc. We may also share personal information with external organisations or individuals if we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:(a) meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;(b) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (c) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our customers or the public, as required or permitted by law.
iv. Retention and security - The personal information so collected shall be retained only for a limited duration necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined herein unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law and only for the purposes defined above. Once the purpose is achieved, all personal information is deleted in a safe and secure mode. We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures as required under applicable law and have included strategic, operational, managerial, technical and physical security controls to safeguard and protect your data and information.
- Non-personal information is defined as any data that does not personally identify you and may include unique system or hardware identifiers, system or application software, and peripherals.
- Any non-personal information, which when clubbed with personal information becomes personal information, shall be treated as personal information.
- The following is the manner in which we collect, use, share and retain non-personal information.
i. Collection - You agree that the App may collect diagnostic, technical and usage related information for the usage purposes described below.
iii. Sharing- To enable the App partners and third party developers to improve their software, hardware and services designed for use with the App, we may also provide any such partner or third party developer with a subset of diagnostic information that is relevant to that partner's or developer's software, hardware and/or services, as long as the diagnostic information is in a form that does not personally identify you.
iv. Retention- The information so collected shall be retained only for a limited duration necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined herein unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law and only for the purposes defined above. Once the purpose is achieved, all information is deleted in a safe and secure mode as per the requirements of applicable law.
- The App, licensees, agents and other authorized persons may access, collect and analyse your usage of the App and other information related to your location on a regular basis through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signals and other technologies and data for the performance of the products or services provided by the App and to help improve the design, functionality, performance, and content of the App. In order to collect geo-location information, the location settings must be enabled on your device. Therefore, in some cases, the App may request that you enable the location settings.
- Except in cases where any specific service requested by you require or involve personal identification, the App collects location data anonymously and in a form that does not personally identify you. By using the App, you agree and consent to transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve such services of the App.
- Information collected by cookies and other technologies are treated as non-personal information. However, to the extent that IP addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we treat any information linked to such identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information becomes personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
Other Information the App collects
- The App also may collect other information about you in ways that the App describe to you or otherwise with your consent. You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to avail and/or use some services.
- By clicking 'I Accept' button or by usage of the App you permit to enable certain functions of the device to find the location of your device, phone statistics and identity, contacts saved in your device, conferencing/call logs and history and associated and/or ancillary functions.
Third Party Applications, Websites & Services
- The App may include links to other websites/applications or any of its sub domains or may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third party websites.
Access, Correction and Deletion
- The App strives hard to keep its records updated and accurate with your latest information. You shall be responsible to ensure that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data.
- You may note that deletion of certain information or withdrawal of consent may lead to cancellation of your access to the App or your access to certain features and services of the App. Additionally, we may not be able to process your request of correction, updating or deletion, in case the same is not supported by valid documents or data retention is required by the applicable law or law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings or it is extremely difficult to implement (such as requests related to backup copies or if a new system is required to process the request or change of technical design) or risks the privacy of other users.
- You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the App by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences or by sending us an email on[*].
Processing of the Data
We, our affiliates or third party service providers with whom we have entered into contractual arrangements may also process any personal and/or usage related information collected from you for legitimate commercial purposes including providing the services. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of our processing of personal information such as (i) only sharing and providing access to personal information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions including confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymized basis wherever possible; (ii) using secure servers to store personal information; (iii) verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to personal information prior to granting them access to such information; and (iv) using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software or other similar encryption technologies to encrypt any payment transactions you make on or via our App or website.
- Your information collected through the App may be stored and processed in India or any other country in which we or our subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Presently, we store personal information in MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL database servers through Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- We shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damage(s) arising due to loss of data or use arising out of or in connection with your access or use of or inability to access or use the App including but not limited to any sub- domains.
- We shall not be liable for any third party products, software or service provided by any third party applications on the App. You shall assume all risks arising out of or resulting from any transaction undertaken by you with any third party application on the App and you agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss to you due to your usage of such third party application.
Queries and Complaints
- We are committed to protect your personal information collected and processed by us and look forward to your continued support for the same.
- In case of any feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, or any privacy related feedback or concerns you may contact the Grievance Officer for JPL : Mr.[*], 101, Saffron, Nr. Centre Point, Panchwati 5 Rasta, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad GJ 380006 IN; Email:[*] .