Check data usage for videos of different resolutions
Video Streaming with higher resolution will consume higher amount of data. Below is the estimated data used depending on the quality of the video. However, this could vary for each application or website such as Jio Cinema, YouTube, Netflix, Hotstar etc. and it is recommended to refer respective video stream Application or Website for exact resolution & data consumption details.
- Low – Basic video quality, upto 0.3 GB per hour
- Medium – Standard video quality, upto 0.7GB per hour
- High – Standard video quality, upto 1GB per hour
- HD – High definition quality, upto 3GB per hour
- Ultra HD – Upto 7GB per hour
- Auto – Video quality is automatically adjusted basis the data speed. Thus when you are on a 4G network, you will experience the best video quality supported by the App and thus the data consumption will be high