Jio Apps FAQ
Why does JioSecurity flag a known app for privacy risk, unusual behavior, battery usage, and data usage on my Android device?
The App Advisor feature of JioSecurity scans all the installed apps on your device for access to your personal data, ads displayed, background data usage, unusual behavior, and background battery usage. Depending on the results, it flags the apps for privacy risk, unusual behavior, battery usage, and data usage. You can then read the detailed report about the app and take an informed decision whether to trust the app or uninstall it.
If you still want to trust the app that is flagged as and continue using it, add it to the ‘Trusted’ list by following the below mentioned steps:
- From the home screen, launch the JioSecurity app.
- From the App’s main screen tap the App Security option.
- To review the issues with apps identified by App Advisor, tap either Privacy Risk, Unusual Behaviour, Battery Usage, or Data Usage
- Tap the app that you want to review, and read the App Advisor report about potential risks
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to trust and retain the app, tap on ‘Trust Anyway’. The apps you trust are added to the Trusted Apps list in App Advisor
- If you choose to uninstall the app, tap on ‘Uninstall & then Tap on ‘OK’
- Turning on App Advisor for Google Play:
- From the Home Screen, launch the JioSecurity app.
- Tap 'App Security'
- Tap 'Set Up Required'
- In the 'Accessibility' settings screen, under Services, tap on JioSecurity Service.
- Turn on 'Accessibility for JioSecurity Service' and tap on ‘OK’ to confirm.
Was this helpful for you?
Still need to discuss something?
Chat with JioCare
Ask anything about Jio
Want to talk? Call now