Jio Apps FAQ
What does App Advisor feature do in JioSecurity?
JioSecurity App Advisor protects you by warning about the apps installed that can leak personal information, pop-up ads on your device, battery usage. It scans your device by performing a cloud-based Reputation Scan and warns you about the installed apps with a risk summary. These apps are identified and rated as Privacy Risk, Unusual Behaviour, Battery Usage, and Data Usage depending on the following behaviour:
- Personal Data Shared - displays information such as personal account information, contact details, SIM card details, settings info, installed app details, location, and or device details when it is shared with the app installed.
- Ads Displayed - informs you if the app displays advertisements within the app, or push the advertisements to your notification bar, or places advertising icons on your Home Screen.
- Background Data Usage - rates the app on its ability to potentially transfer cellular data or consume bandwidth in the background when the app is not in use.
Note: By design, some Android apps and their dependent services require background data to fully function.
- Unusual Behaviours Detected - displays information when any unusual activity by an app is noticed on your device.
- Background Battery Usage - lists the apps that use location data and frequently refresh in the background and may use more battery even when the app is not open
- When you install JioSecurity, during the initial setup, App Advisor automatically scans all the installed apps on your device and warns of risks if any. You can then trust or uninstall the app
- You can also enable the App Advisor for Google Play which automatically scans the app even before you install it from Google Play and warns of potential risks associated with that app.