Jio Apps FAQ
How to view and respond to Device Security alerts in JioSecurity app on Android?
The Device Security feature on your JioSecurity app alerts and helps protect your device against:
- Rooted device settings
- Untrusted certificates
- Disable USB debugging and Unknown sources option
- Key Reinstallation Attacks (KRACK) vulnerability
- Set lock screen and fingerprint lock for your device
You can also use the Your Protection Report card to view the number of operating system risks that JioSecurity has detected in the last 30 days
View and respond to Device Security alerts:
- From the home screen, launch the JioSecurity app.
- Tap Device Security.
- Depending on your Device Security alert shown below, follow the steps to resolve the Device Security alert accordingly.
- Not all Device Security alerts mentioned below are available on all Android devices.
Device Security alerts:
- Fix USB Debugging enabled:
- In the USB Debugging enabled alert, tap Fix Now.
- In the Developer options screen, next to USB debugging, move the slider to turn it off.
- Fix Unknown Sources enabled:
- In the Unknown Sources enabled alert, tap Fix Now.
- Depending on the Android OS version, do the following:
- On Android 7.x or earlier devices, in the Security screen, next to Unknown sources, move the slider to turn it off.
- On Android 8.x or later devices, in the Install unknown apps screen, next to Allow from this source, move the slider to turn it off.
- Fix Lock screen not set:
- In the Lock screen not set alert, tap Fix Now.
- In the Unlock selection or Choose screen lock screen, tap your preferred screen lock option and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- For better protection, we recommend that you set up your screen lock type and choose from a Password, PIN, or Pattern option.
- Fix Fingerprint Lock not set:
- In the Fingerprint Lock not set alert, tap Fix Now.
- If prompted, you need to enter your device pin, if you have already set a lock for your device.
- In the Choose screen lock screen, tap your preferred screen lock option, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
You can use the Ignore option to resolve any of the above device security alerts later. To view the alert again, swipe up the Ignored Risks at the bottom of the Device Security screen, and then tap Unhide.
Was this helpful for you?
Still need to discuss something?
Chat with JioCare
Ask anything about Jio
Want to talk? Call now