Jio Apps FAQ
How do I set up SMS Security on my Android device?
To setup SMS Security on an Android device:
- From the home screen, launch the JioSecurity app
- In the JioSecurity app main screen, tap Security > SMS Security > Set Up
- Tap ‘Allow’ to allow the JioSecurity app to view and filter the spam text messages that you receive from known and unknown senders
- If you see the Additional Permissions option in the SMS Security screen, tap ‘Additional Permissions’
- Next to draw over other apps, move the slider to turn it on to allow the JioSecurity app to alert you about the risky messages
- In the display over other apps screen, tap JioSecurity from the list
- Next to allow display over other apps, move the slider to turn it on
Note: Due to Android OS limitations, the JioSecurity app does not automatically delete the risky messages. To delete the risky message, launch the JioSecurity app > Tap on SMS Security to see the list of risky text messages that you receive from known and unknown senders > Tap to view the relevant message > Touch and hold to then choose ‘Delete’.
Was this helpful for you?
Still need to discuss something?
Chat with JioCare
Ask anything about Jio
Want to talk? Call now