Terms and Conditions
- Your (“you” or “your”) use of facilities contemplated herein (“International Wi-Fi Calling”) is subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms”) and should be read together with the customer application form executed by you for availing telecommunication services of Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”), including the terms and conditions applicable to the international roaming plan providing for Wi-Fi calling, as availed by you.
- Your use of the International Wi-Fi Calling requires that you agree to the Terms. By subscribing and/or using International Wi-Fi Calling or otherwise having access to, receiving, and/or using International Wi-Fi Calling, you acknowledge to have read, understood and you consent to be governed and bound by the Terms. If you do not understand the Terms or do not accept any part of them, then you should not use International Wi-Fi Calling.
- International Wi-Fi Calling are available to valid and active subscribers of the telecommunication services of the Company, who avail an international roaming pack providing for Wi-Fi calling (“Wi-Fi Calling Pack”).
- International Wi-Fi Calling can be used only on such device to know if your device is Wi-Fi Calling compatible Click here and which list of devices may be updated by the Company from time to time and provided at www.jio.com (each a “Device”). Your Device will have in-built settings to enable you to use International Wi-Fi Calling. There can be certain device related limitations or Country Specific restrictions, which may affect access to WiFi calling service.
- International Wi-Fi Calling permits you to (i) make voice and/or video calls to; and (ii) receive short messaging texts from; an Indian subscriber of telecommunication services of a licensed telecommunication service provider in India, over wireless internet connection such as a public Wi-Fi, home broadband or office broadband when you roam internationally.
- International Wi-Fi Calling cannot be used to make a voice and/or video calls to a non-Indian telecommunication number. In case you wish to make a call to a number to a non-Indian telecommunication number, then your call will be charged at our standard international Roaming rates Click here you know the rates.
- Please note that if you make an emergency call when using International Wi-Fi Calling, your Device will attempt to make that call using a normal mobile network. If there’s no mobile network available, the call will be routed over Wi-Fi and the emergency services won’t be able to identify your location automatically.
- Modifications of the Terms: The Company reserves the right to change the Terms, including but not limited to the charges as specified in section 4 below, if any, associated with the use of International Wi-Fi Calling. The Terms may be further modified based on changes in the business, legal and regulatory requirements and will be updated online. We will make all efforts to communicate any significant changes to the Terms to you. You are encouraged to check the Terms to review the Terms and any changes to it.
- Modification of International Wi-Fi Calling: The Company reserves the right to add, modify or delete any content or features available in International Wi-Fi Calling at any time at its sole discretion.
- Any voice call made using International Wi-Fi Calling will utilise your Wi-Fi Calling Pack minutes and will be charged at Rupee One (` 1/-) per minute. If you exceed your total minutes available on the Wi-Fi Calling Pack, then in order to utilise International Wi-Fi Calling, you’ll be charged at Rupee One (` 1/-).
- Any video call made using International Wi-Fi Calling will utilise your Wi-Fi Calling Pack minutes and will be charged at Rupee One (` 1/-) per minute. In addition to the charge of Rupee One (` 1/-), the total amount of data consumed by you while making the video call would be deducted from your daily and/or monthly data pack with the Company (“Data Deduction”). If you exceed your total minutes available on the Wi-Fi Calling Pack then in order to avail International Wi-Fi Calling, you will be charged at Rupee One (` 1/-) and the Data Deduction would also be applicable.
- Voice and/or video calls over Wi-Fi use a wireless internet connection, so in addition to the Wi-Fi Call rates you may also be consuming data of the wireless network you’re connected to. This means you remain liable for any data charges incurred for such usage.
- Calls made over Wi-Fi will appear on your bill as WiFi Calling.
ENDING OR CHANGING Wi-Fi CALLING:
- You can disable International Wi-Fi Calling in your Device settings.
- We may suspend, end or change International Wi-Fi Calling for any reason, including where repair or maintenance work is needed. We can withdraw International Wi-Fi Calling, with suitable notice as applicable.
- Your use of International Wi-Fi Calling is dependent upon the Wi-Fi network, as well as the general availability of the public telecommunications network. You acknowledge that there are factors outside of our control, which will limit our ability to provide this service to you.
- We also cannot guarantee specific levels of performance and call quality will depend on the number of other devices connected to the wireless internet connection.
- Please note that calls made over Wi-Fi will be disconnected if the Wi-Fi signal is no longer available and you will need to redial to continue with your call through our normal mobile network.
- We reserve the right to block communications over Wi-Fi networks, for example, in order to prevent fraud where required by court order and/or governmental agencies.
- You must tell us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your Device. We won’t be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorised use of your Device. Also, we won’t be responsible for any loss or damage that we or you couldn’t reasonably expect at the time you first began to use the Service which is out of our control.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING OR FOR ANY SECURITY BREACH OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, DEFECT, OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONING OF INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING AND/OR THE DEVICE, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT, OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, YOUR USE OF, OR ACCESS TO, INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING. FURTHER, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY TEMPORARY DISABLEMENT, PERMANENT DISCONTINUANCE OR MODIFICATION OF INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING BY THE COMPANY OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM SUCH ACTIONS.
- YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ANY EQUIPMENT AND ANCILLARY SERVICES (INCLUDING THE PAYMENT OF ANY ADDITIONAL FEES THEREFORE) REQUIRED TO CONNECT TO, ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPATIBLE DEVICES, WEB SERVERS, INTERNET AND TELEPHONE SERVICE (COLLECTIVELY, “EQUIPMENT”). YOU WILL ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECURITY OF THE EQUIPMENT AND FOR ALL USES OF THE EQUIPMENT WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT AND OTHER MATERIALS YOU TRANSMIT AND/OR RECEIVE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SHARE WITH OTHER USERS OR RECIPIENTS.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS AND ACCURACY OF INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING FOR ANY PURPOSE. INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL SERVICES OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICES SENT USING AND/OR INCLUDED IN INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR OR IN RELATION TO: (A) LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING; (B) ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING; (C) THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING; (D) OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF INTERNATIONAL WI-FI CALLING; WHETHER OR NOT ALL OF THE ABOVE LOSSES, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES AND/OR ITS ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES.
TERMINATION (TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT DISABLEMENT):
- Unless otherwise provided in the Terms, International Wi-Fi Calling may be terminated by the Company without assigning any reasons at any time at the sole discretion of the Company. Upon termination / suspension, you shall not have the right to use or access International Wi-Fi Calling.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
- The Terms are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts in Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes arising out of the Terms.
- The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in the event of non-availability of International Wi-Fi Calling occasioned by act of God, war, disease, revolution, riot, civil commotion, strike, lockout, flood, fire, failure of any public utility, man-made disaster, infrastructure failure or any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Company.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part of these Terms will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of these Terms.
- Address: Office- 101, Saffron, Near Centre Point, Panchwati 5 Rasta, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad