We may change, modify, amend or update the Website Terms from time to time by publishing an updated version on the Website. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to accept the updated Website Terms and agree to be bound by them.
In order to avail the Services through the Website, you are required to register on our Website, which may involve without limitation, setting up of a profile, providing your MSISDN, or Jio ID/username and password, your name and other personally identifiable information. However you may be able to lodge a web based complaint, feedback or suggestion, by filling the necessary information and without registration. We may access your MSISDN or request you to enter other details such as email id etc. along with the MSISDN. You will be solely responsible to ensure confidentiality of your username or passwords or account with the Website. By registering you hereby grant consent for contacting you via telephone, SMS or email based on the information furnished by you either by us, or our Affiliates or third parties nominated in this regard for providing better services or for promotional activities related to the Services. You agree that the basic customer information, personally identifiable information, provided by you are true, complete and accurate, and agree not to submit any particulars which are false or any information you do not have any right or authority to provide. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all activities that occur on or through your access of the Website. We do not collect any information from minors. In order to use and or register with the Website you must be 18 (Eighteen) years of age or older. As a user of this Website, you are also allowed to access and view the contents of the Website, without registration. However in order to serve you better, we have provided an option to register interest in the Products and or Services, by submitting your first name , last name and telephone number and email id . By submitting the details as above, you hereby grant consent for contacting you via telephone, SMS or email based on the information furnished by you either by us, or our Affiliates or third parties nominated in this regard. Our team will contact you with necessary details if you have registered your interest in the Website.
Price and Payment Policy
For the Services which are on chargeable basis Reliance may offer you multiple payment options online for availing the Services. However Reliance reserves its right to add or delete any mode of payment without any prior notice. The Service(s) are offered and made available only to users who are subscribers of, telecommunication and digital services of Reliance , and or, to users who have the necessary authorization for using, the MSISDN, and for making payments through or in connection with the use of the Service(s)at the risk and responsibility of such subscribers. If you are not such a user, please discontinue the registration process and use of the Services immediately.
The sale and distribution of Product(s), will be through Reliance Retail Ltd .The Services will be provided by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited or its Affiliates, more specifically (a) 'JioChat' by 'Reliance Jio Messaging Services Private Limited' (RJMSPL); (b) 'JioMoney' by Reliance Payment Solutions Limited; and (c) 'JioTV', 'JioCinema', 'JioMusic', 'JioMags', 'JioXpressNews', 'JioCloud' and 'JioSecurity' by 'Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)'.
The online payment mode includes credit cards, debit card, net banking, Jio Money account, etc. We accept payments made by most of the major credit/debit cards issued in India. Acceptance of card payment is at the sole discretion of Reliance. However, Reliance reserves its right to deny acceptance of card payment without any prior notice. We don't accept internationally issued credit/debit cards and certain cards issued by banks in India too.
While availing any of the payment method(s) available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
- Exceeding the present limit mutually agreed by you and your issuing bank, or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
Reliance reserves its right to change the price of any Service(s), tariff plans, in the Website any time without any notice, however in compliance with all applicable laws and TRAI Regulations/Orders/Directions. All payments made against the purchases of Service(s) on Website by you shall be in Indian Rupees only. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website.
You represent and confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have been specifically authorized by the owner of the credit/debit card to use it. You further agree and undertake to provide the correct and valid credit card details to carry out a transaction on the Website. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Reliance reserves the right to impose limits on the number of transactions which Reliance may receive from an individual’s valid credit/debit/valid bank account and reserves the right to refuse to process transactions exceeding such limit.
You acknowledge that Reliance will not be liable for any damages, interests, claims etc. resulting from not processing a transaction or any delay in processing a transaction which is beyond the control of Reliance.
- This marketing program is being run by the participating Bank on www.jio.com, Jio mobile app (collectively Platform), which Platform is owned and operated by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (Jio, We or Our). It is open to all residents of India (“You”) holding a valid and current Debit or Credit Card of the participating Bank as more detailed in the participating Bank offer condition.
- You are advised to read the T&C for EMI and offer conditions of the participating Bank prior to avail the same. We shall not be responsible for any claims and your recourse shall be limited to the participating Bank who make this offer. We are only a facilitator / platform used to market the program of the participating Bank and therefore assume no liability.
- Select your preferred EMI option at the time of payment.
- Final EMI is calculated on the total value of your order at the time of payment.
- The Bank charges annual interest rates according to the reducing monthly balance. In the monthly reducing cycle, the principal is reduced with every EMI and the interest is calculated on the outstanding balance.
- The EMI facility is not available on purchases made using Debit cards, Net Banking or Cash on Delivery payment methods. EMI facility is available only on purchases made using Credit Cards.
- The EMI facility being offered by the banks to the customers is governed by the respective terms and conditions of each bank/issuer and the customer is advised to approach the bank/issuer in case of any complaint, dispute or enquiry about an EMI transaction.
- In case of any kind of refund in an EMI transaction, interest already billed in a particular transaction will not be refundable under any circumstances.
- While You will not be charged a processing fee for availing the EMI option, the interest charged by the bank shall not be refunded.
- You may check with the respective bank/issuer on how a cancellation, refund or pre-closure could affect the EMI terms, and what interest charges would be levied on you for the same.
- We reserves the right to stop facilitating this service without any prior notice.
- On a best effort basis displays representative EMI related information (EMI amount, Interest rate charged, Total amount payable) for the customer's purchase on its website as per the information shared with it by the respective banks on an "AS IS" basis. Participating Banks are the authoritative source of this information and customers are advised to directly contact their participating Bank for any further clarifications in this regard.
- Jio including its affiliates aggregate and total liability shall not exceed INR 5,000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) or the last payment made by You (or through participating Bank), whichever is lesser, subject to being awarded by the competent court.
- We shall not be liable for any dispute arising out of or in connection with such EMI facility being offered by the respective banks/issuer including but not limited to the authenticity and/or accuracy of any EMI information supplied by the banks for displaying on its website.
- Jio shall not be liable for any failure by the participating Bank to honor the transaction and for any technical issues as a result of which the transaction made by You was not successful and You have recourse only with participating Bank for any damages that You sustain including wrongful remittance of the amounts by the participating Bank.
- You hereby agrees to indemnify and keep Jio harmless against all damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, suits and proceedings (including reasonable attorneys fee) that may be suffered by Jio as a consequence of (i) violation of these T&C; (ii) violation of applicable laws; (iii) any action or inaction resulting in willful misconduct or negligence, by You.
- This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, and the Rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
No unlawful, infringing or offensive activity
Your use of this Website is in compliance with all the applicable laws including but not limited to Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Rules made thereunder. You must not post/transmit or enable another person to post/transmit via the Website any information or material or otherwise use the Website for any activity which breaches any laws or regulations, infringes a third party’s rights or privacy or is contrary to any applicable laws. This Website or any Services under this Website are accessed via the World Wide Web, which is independent of the Website. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. We have no responsibility for any information or service obtained by you on the World Wide Web.
No viruses or other interference
You must not transmit or enable another person to transmit via the Website any virus or other information or material or otherwise use the Website in a way which:
- tampers with, hinders the operation of or makes unauthorized modifications to the Website;
- inhibits any other user from using the Website;
- defames, harasses, threatens, menaces or offends any person; or
- contains obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings.
Termination or suspension of your access
We may suspend or terminate your account or access to all or any part of the Website at any time, if you breach this Terms and Conditions of the Agreement /TOS, in our reasonable opinion or at our discretion for any reasons as we may think deem fit.
Exactness / Accuracy not guaranteed
We have made significant efforts to accurately display the details of Services, colours that appear on this Website. However, we do not warrant/guarantee the content of this Website is accurate, complete, current, or error-free. The particular technical specifications and settings of your computer and its display could affect the accuracy of its display of the colours, displayed on this Website.
Content / Feedback that you submit to the Website
We may allow you to post your experience or feedback in respect of the Services or your user experience with this Website, via the Website ("your content"), for which you should be registered with the Website. You confirm that the particulars posted by you are true and correct information and shall not belong to any third party or fictitious names. For your content, you hereby grant us, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or communicate to the public your content for the purposes of our business, and the right to sub-license those rights to others or our Affiliates. You also consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your rights (including your moral rights) in your content. You warrant that you have the right to grant the above license and that our exercise of the license rights above will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and neither the content is defamatory nor it will breach any law. We may monitor or review your content, and may make minor edits for the limited purpose of correcting spelling or any grammar errors, but we are not obliged to do so. We may also alter or remove any of your content at any time, for any reason including for operational integrity of our Services.
All intellectual property rights in this web site, design, text, graphics, applications, software, underlying source code and all other aspects belong to us and or our affiliates.
All Content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Reliance, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by the appropriate Intellectual Property Laws.
The trademark ‘Reliance’, its logo, trade mark ‘Jio’, its logo, and other Services Marks and logos owned by and/or licensed to Reliance and/or its affiliates. There will be certain trademarks of Third parties whose products are made available on the Website, these marks are used for representation purposes only and Reliance does not claim any rights over these trademarks.
Intellectual Property Claims:
Reliance, its affiliates or its content suppliers respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used in a way that gives rise to concerns of infringement, please write to us with your concerns and we will try and answer your concerns.
No part of this Website including audio and video excerpts, may be reproduced, adapt, modified or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without our prior permission.
The use of the links and offer of services / products including charges or termination of services shall be at your sole discretion and subject to the Terms and conditions of the links as provided therein and the User claim and use shall be directly with the Links owner and Reliance has no party to that claim other than said herein.
We are committed to safeguard the security and confidentiality of any information you provide to us. We understand that you accept the inherent security implications of providing information over the internet or world wide web and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of personal information. If you become aware of any violation of the security of data or the Agreement, please contact us immediately.
You agree to indemnify us, our affiliates or and other persons involved in the creation of this Website for all damages, losses and costs (including legal costs) which arise out of or relate to your use of this Website or any acts committed by you in violation of applicable laws and this Agreement. This indemnification includes, without limitation, liability relating to copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, trade mark infringement and breach of this Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In no event Reliance including affiliates and their respective owners, directors, officers, agents, shareholders and partners shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever including without limitation direct, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from the use or inability to use the Website whether based on warranty, contract, tort or in any other means or action.
Reliance including affiliates and their respective owners, directors, officers, agents, shareholders and partners aggregate and total liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, under an indemnity, or by statute or otherwise) shall not exceed INR 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand) or the last payment made by the user; whichever is lesser, subject to applicable law and awarded by the competent court.
No waiver for breaches
If we do not act in relation to a breach of the Agreement by you, that should not be construed as a waiver of any of our rights to act in relation to that breach or any later breach by you.
Redressal of Grievance
- Sending a request in writing or through email signed with electronic signature identifying the content alleged to be in infringement of your rights as the rightful owner or affecting you prejudicially;
- Providing your contact information including email, address, and telephone number where you can be contacted if required.
- Giving a declaration cum undertaking along with necessary documents establishing you:
- as the rightful owner of the content to be disabled / affecting you prejudicially,
- as an affected person, stating that the information submitted is true, complete & accurate and no material fact has been hidden, and also stating that Reliance, its Affiliates, Directors, employees, including Grievance Officer shall not be liable for any loss or damage or claim for relaying on such requests
- You may forward your request/ complaints to Grievance Officer.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Reliance is only facilitating / providing platform vide giving access to Jio.com to the Users to communicate or transact with one another and does not sell the products. The products are sold by the concerned Seller using Jio.com website and therefore the User are advised to check the terms and conditions of the Seller prior to buying the products and shall have recourse against the seller for any breach of conditions, representation or warranties by the Sellers or manufacturers of the products as provided in the terms and conditions of the purchase accepted by the buyer and Reliance expressly disclaims any and all responsibility and liability in that regard. In no event Reliance shall be liable for any information, content, materials, products or services available through this website.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions contained in this information or any failure to update or correct this information and the Services by this Website which is on “as-is” and “with all faults and risks basis” and without warranties of any kind, to the maximum extent permitted under laws, we disclaim all warranties whether express or implied including merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or that use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. You understand that accessing the internet or telecommunication Services may be harmful or cause losses, injury or damages to you and other people that may access pilot service through you, or your equipment and other tangible and intangible properties. As a user of this Website, you should make your own enquiries before entering into any transaction on the basis of or in reliance upon the content. To the extent permitted by law, we and our employees, officers, agents and contractors exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance upon the content whether or not this is caused by a negligent act. We expressly reserve the right, in its discretion, to suspend, change, modify, add or remove portions of the Website and to restrict or terminate the use and accessibility of the Website without any prior notice. If any provision of this Disclaimer is invalid or unenforceable, such will not render all terms unenforceable or invalid but rather the terms will be read and construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision(s) were not contained therein. Any other Product(s), Service(s) and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks, service marks or trade names of their respective owners. Your access to this Website should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any marks appearing on the Website without the prior written consent or the third party owner thereof.
Last Updated: 01 December 2016
© Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd., All rights reserved.