LIMITED WARRANTY FOR USE OF THE PRODUCT
- Reliance Retail Limited (“Company”) warrants the Company’s branded devices called “Virtual Reality (VR) Glass” and its accessories contained in the original packaging (collectively "Product"), a limited warranty (“Warranty”) to cover defects in materials and workmanship thereof applicable only when the Product is used normally and in accordance with the guidelines that may include, but are not limited to, information contained in Quick User Guide (QUG)(“Defect”). Accessories of a Product may include controller(s) useful for successful operation of the Product. A Product having a Defect (“Defective Product”) shall be repaired or replaced free of charge upon submission of a valid claim by the “Customer” (or his or her authorized representative) of the Product. The “Customer” means an individual/ an organization who has purchased the Product from the Company and the user authorized by Purchaser to use the Product.
- The Warranty shall be carried out by the Company, or any person/service partners/service dealers authorized by the Company to perform any activities relating thereto. Any reference to the Company under the terms of this Warranty, wherever the context or meaning thereof so implies or necessitates, shall mean and include such persons authorized by the Company in terms hereof.
- Any authorization of any person/service partners/service dealers to carry out the Warranty shall be at the discretion of the Company and shall be liable to change by the Company from time to time. The Customer is advised to ensure that he/she verifies the latest list of authorized service centers/service partners/service dealers as may be published and updated from time to time by the Company at www.jio.com. The Company may not provide prior intimation to the Customer of any such change in the list of authorized service center’s/service partners/service dealers. The Company hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability for any delivery of the Product by the Customer to authorized service centers/service partners/service dealers that are not authorized or have ceased to be authorized by the Company from time to time.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, COMPANY LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND AT COMPANY'S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED AS BELOW.
- This Warranty of the Product, extends for a period of Three (03) months commencing from the “Date of Purchase” of Product by the Customer (“Warranty Period”).
LIMITATIONS ON THE SCOPE OF WARRANTY:
- Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 1, this Warranty shall not be applicable on the basis that a Defect has arisen on account of any of the following:-
- Complaints related to defects on account of any inter-operability, playability , compatibility with external accessories, non-compatible phones, mobile applications, software, networks;
- The Product being subjected to abnormal use or conditions, improper storage, exposure to excessive moisture or dampness, exposure to excessive temperatures, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized repair (including but not limited to use of unauthorized spare parts in repairs), abuse, accident, acts of god, spills of food or liquids, cosmetic damage, improper connections;
- Company not being notified by the Customer of the Defect in the Product during the applicable Warranty Period;
- The Product seal, serial number code or the accessory date code being or having been removed, defaced or altered;
- The Product being or having been used with or connected to an accessory:-
- Not supplied or approved by Company or its affiliates,
- Not fit for use with the Product, or
- Used otherwise than in the manner intended;
- The seals of the Product enclosure being broken or found to be tampered or the Product being used in equipment other than that for which it has been specified usable by Company;
- Damage caused by operating the Product outside the operating guidelines as stated in the QUG.
- The Product being or having been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Company;
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Product;
- Any damage of plastic component like the front and back cover, Lenses or accessories;
- The use of the Product being subjected to any restrictions, conditions, specifications or stipulations arising from any applicable law and/or regulations and/or prescribed industry standards or which may be necessary to ensure compliance with applicable law and/or regulations and/or prescribed industry standards, as amended from time to time.
- Any and all connectivity issues, whether, relating to and/or attributable to the network provider, or otherwise;
- The Customer shall have no coverage or benefits from damages arising from failure under this Warranty in any of the conditions as stipulated in Clause 3.1 above, and in such cases Company may at its sole discretion, repair the Product on chargeable basis.
- The decision of the Company as to whether an issue falls in any of these categories as stipulated in Clause 3.1 above or not, shall be final and binding on the Customer.
- The Customer owes a fundamental duty of care to the Product. However, no Customer is authorized to open the Product for performing any upkeep or maintenance on the Product and any such action on the part of the Customer shall disentitle the Customer from availing this Warranty. Any damage caused by opening the Product shall not be covered under this Warranty. Only the Company or its authorized entity should perform any services on the Product and such services may, at the Company’s discretion, be chargeable services, to the extent any repair, replacement or action is specifically covered by the terms of this Warranty;
- Company shall not be liable for any kind of injury to any person or damage to any property, things and/or to electrical devices of equipment or the equipment itself (if applicable), whether due to incorrect installation/ tampering or otherwise.
- If the Product has a feature set that helps in enabling detection of any theft, the product shall not constitute any guarantee, assurance or an insurance against thefts.
- It is the Customers responsibility to keep track of equipment on regular basis & contact customer care in case of non-working of the Product and / or the App / or web portal.
- Customers are solely responsible for all data, information, feedback, suggestions, text, content and other materials that a Customer uploads, posts, delivers, provides or otherwise transmits or stores or posting in connection with or relating to the Service or any content. User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its login, password and account and for all activities that occur under its login or account. Company reserves the right to access Customer’s account in order to respond to Customer requests for technical support.
- Subject to applicable law, the Company shall have the right to use or share Data generated by Customer with its partners and affiliates or third parties, for the purposes of providing services to Customer and/or for the purposes of analysis and/or marketing and/or promotional and commercial purposes, provided that where Data is used for purposes other than to provide any services to Customers, such data shall be used by the Company only in an anonymized form.
- If Customer provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend or terminate Services and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Services and/or any portion thereof.
- During the Warranty Period and where the Product is found to be Defective, the Company or its authorized service partners and/or service dealers may either repair the Product or replace the Product either in whole or in part (where such replacement shall be undertaken only in case of the Product being dead-on-arrival [“DOA”]), at Company's option and in accordance with Company guidelines. The repaired Product and/or part(s) thereof, as may be provided by the Company as a replacement for a Defective Product, shall be free from Defect. The purchaser of the Product or his/her assignee ("Customer") shall not be charged (whether for parts, labour or otherwise) for the repair or replacement of a Defective Product during the Warranty Period provided the Customer submits a valid claim. Any defect in accessories of the product shall not be construed as DOA.
- The warranty in respect of a repaired or replaced Product/part shall stand extended only for the remaining warranty period of the repaired Product or replacement thereof to the Customer.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF LIFE; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF PRODUCT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH THE COMPANY PRODUCT OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION STORED ON THE PRODUCT. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR THE PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR REPLACE THE PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF INFORMATION STORED IN THE PRODUCT.
- CUSTOMER SHOULD MAKE PERIODIC BACKUP COPIES OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE PRODUCT’S STORAGE MEDIA TO PROTECT THE CONTENTS AND AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST POSSIBLE OPERATIONAL FAILURES. DURING WARRANTY SERVICE THE CONTENTS OF THE STORAGE MEDIA WILL BE DELETED AND REFORMATTED. COMPANY AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE STORAGE MEDIA OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE PRODUCT SERVICED.
- Company reserves the right to change the method by which Company may provide Warranty service to Customer, and Product's eligibility to receive a particular method of Warranty service. Warranty service will be limited to the options available in each state where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the state. Customer may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Product cannot be serviced in the respective state itself.
- The Warranty service for the Product shall be restricted within the territory of India.
PROCESS FOR AVAILING WARRANTY
- In order to derive the benefits of this Warranty in respect of any Defect in the Product, the Customer shall have to walk-in with the Product or part thereof with a valid claim to the authorised service centre of Company. The Customer shall bring the Defective Product and collect the repaired Product after the completion of the service under this Warranty.
- Upon request from the Company, the Customer shall be required to provide the original Purchase Invoice of the Product along with a valid claim in respect to the Product;
- During the Warranty Period, Company or its authorized service partners or service dealers will repair or replace the Defective Product or any part thereof in terms hereof. The decision to repair or replace shall be at the Company’s sole discretion and where the Customer submits a valid claim, he/she shall not be charged (whether for parts, labor or otherwise) for the repair or replacement of the Defective Product during the Warranty Period;
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that whilst carrying out any repair during the Warranty Period, the Company may use accessories or parts that are new or refurbished/reconditioned and are equal to new ones in performance;
- The Warranty in respect of a repaired or replaced Product/part shall continue and remain in force only for the unexpired Warranty Period;
- Any extended/additional Warranty claimed by the Customer needs to be supported by documentary proof by the Company;
- Company may conduct diagnostic tests on customers ‘products to identify the causes of failures/defects. Only if remote diagnostics are inconclusive physical products should be taken to a service center or an authorized personnel will make a visit. Before returning any unit for service, customer should back up data and remove any confidential and/or personal information from the product. Company is not responsible for damage or loss of any program, data, or removable storage media.
- No person other than the Company is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Warranty.
- If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
- This Warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the Product is issued.
- More information about this Warranty is available online at: www.jio.com
- All disputes shall be governed under the laws of India and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai only.
THIS WARRANTY IS VALID ONLY IF THE REGISTRATION CARD IS DULY FILLED IN, STAMPED AND SIGNED BY THE COMPANY OR ITS AUTHORIZED ENTITY TO ISSUE THE PRODUCT AND DELIVERED TO THE COMPANY.