JioAutoPay - Prepaid and Postpaid
- This facility is an auto-debit facility provided by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited and/or its affiliates (“Company”, “we” or “us”), having office at Office -101, Saffron, Nr. Centre Point, Panchwati 5 Rasta, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad-380006, Gujarat, India. (“Facility”).
- The Facility allows a telecommunication subscriber of the Company to provide auto-debit standing instructions for (i) payment of pre-paid recharges or post-paid bills through credit card via JioMoney; (ii) payment of pre-paid recharge through eNACH to a bank account via RRL; and (iii) payment of post-paid bills through eNACH to a bank account via the Company (iv) payment of pre-paid recharges or post-paid bills through UPI ID.
- Your (“you”, “your” or “user”) use of the Facility is subject to the (i) terms and conditions as herein-under provided (“T&C”) which shall be read with and be treated as an integral part of this document.
- “Customer” shall mean a subscriber of telecommunication services of the Company.
- “Customer Mandate” shall mean such maximum debit denomination or amount that the Customer intends to configure auto-recharge in case of prepaid plans or auto-bill payment in case of post-paid bills for the purposes of the Facility. For avoidance of doubt the Customer Mandate shall include authorization to undertake the activities stipulated in Clause 5.
- “JioMoney” shall mean Reliance Payments Solutions Limited
- “Reliance” shall mean RJIL and RRL or Jio Money, as may be applicable from time to time, and shall include its affiliates at all times;
- “RBI” shall mean Reserve Bank of India;
- “RRL” shall mean Reliance Retail Ltd;
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Modifications of T&C:The Company reserves the right to change the T&C under which the Services are offered, including but not limited to the charges, if any, associated with the use of the Services. These T&C may be further modified based on changes in the business, legal and regulatory requirements and will be updated online. We will make all efforts to communicate any significant changes to this T&C to you. You are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review the T&C and any changes to it.
- Modification of Services:The Company reserves the right to add, modify or delete any content or features available in the Services at any time at its sole discretion.
PROCESS OF AVAILING THE FACILITY:
- A Customer who wishes to avail the Facility shall opt for JioAutoPay facility by configuring credit-card, bank account, UPI ID or wallet in payment methods.
- Customer shall agree to permit the Company to trigger auto-recharge of selected denomination mandated by the Customer.
- The Customer shall be notified through SMS / email on successful or failed Facility registration.
- Post successful registration, the Company shall trigger for auto recharge before five days of expiry. However in case of non-FUP plan, trigger shall be provided upon (a) completion of 90% usage; or (b) five days before expiry of the plan, whichever is earlier.
- Upon successful receipt of payment, auto recharge shall be triggered by Jio and in case of post-paid bills, bill shall be adjusted against post-paid outstanding and plan benefits shall be assigned to customer as per plan.
- Notifications in the form of SMS and e-mail will be sent to the Customer on their registered mobile number and email respectively before the Facility is processed from the Customer’s account.
- The Facility will not be triggered if the Customer has a recharge/voucher of MRP>=49 in queue. However this voucher/recharge shall not be considered as queue plan if Customer has done manual recharge in-between five days before expiry and the date of expiry.
- In case the Customer has multiple active plans, expiry of first plan shall be considered for the Facility trigger as per the Customer Mandate. However this shall not apply if the Customer has done manual recharge in-between five days before expiry and the date of expiry.
- The Customer may withdraw the Customer Mandate from the Facility in compliance with the guidelines stipulated by RBI.
- In the event of the Company discontinuing the tariff offered on a maximum debit denomination selected by the Customer at the time of issuing the Customer Mandate, auto recharge at next available lower auto recharge denomination shall stand triggered for the Facility in compliance with the Customer Mandate. However in case, there is no such lower denomination tariff available, Customer agrees to share a new Customer Mandate for the Facility before next trigger of the Facility and in case, the Customer does not share the same before trigger of the Facility, the Customer agrees to suspension of the Facility till the time he opts for a new Customer Mandate.
- The default limit for maximum payable amount shall be Rs. 9999/- for eNACH, Rs. 5000/- for UPI AutoPay and Rs.2,00,000/- for standing instruction through credit card per transaction. The Customer can raise a request to modify the above limit.
- In case of failure of the Facility transaction for the first time, Reliance, shall re-attempt to present one more time immediately prior to the expiry date of the current plan.
- In case of failure of any two (2) successive Facility transactions, Reliance reserves the right to automatically cancel JioAutoPay.
- If one or more successive payments/instructions are not honoured, the Facility being provided to the Customer shall be automatically cancelled without giving any notice to the Customer, and initiate recovery of the unpaid amount by the Customer. In the event the Customer’s standing instruction/eNACH is dishonoured by bank for any reason whatsoever, penalty charge (or such other amount as specified by Reliance from time to time) may be levied per instance of such failure of receipt of payment.
- Payment for Facility shall be presented to bank by the Company five (5) days before the expiry of date of current plan expiry. However it may be presented earlier in case of banking holidays and other reasons like (a) in case of daily FUP plan and (b) in case of non – daily FUP plan, upon the usage exceeding 90% of the limit of the plan. Daily FUP plan shall mean, the plan with daily FUP limit and non-daily FUP shall mean no such daily FUP limit. The % percentage of usage can be modified by the Company based on Customer usage pattern and payment cycle.
- On receipt of successful payment by Jio from the relevant registered payment instrument, the Facility shall be triggered by the Company and Customer shall be assigned benefits as per plan.
- The standing instruction provided by Customer under the Facility shall, unless otherwise communicated to credit card issuer in writing by the Customer, be binding for the validity period and subsequent renewal period of the card. The standing instruction provided by Customer under the Facility shall lapse when the credit card validity expires.
- The Facility shall not be used for unlawful or prohibited purpose as provided under the law / regulatory and further as notified by the Company. The foregoing terms and conditions shall form an integral part of the CAF (Customer Acquisition Form) and in case of any conflict between the CAF and this T&Cs, this T&Cs shall prevail to the extent of such conflict.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER:
- The Customer enrolled for Facility to make payment for their prepaid/post-paid connection should have a valid credit card or bank account or via UPI, as applicable to avail the Facility.
- The Customer should provide true, accurate, correct and complete information as required by Reliance and should keep the same updated and accurate at all the times.
- The Customer confirms that the credit card, UPI ID or bank account registered with the Facility is owned by the Customer and indemnifies and keep indemnified Reliance, as applicable for any loss and damages including legal costs, expenses in case of any claim in relation to the use of such credit card or bank account.
- The Customer agrees that Reliance and/or third party service provider may process and verify information provided by the Customer at its own discretion and may request and verify additional information with the Customer. The Customer undertakes to provide information/documents as may be requested by Reliance and/or third party service provider to complete verification process.
- The Customer agrees and confirms that it gives full authority and right to Reliance to process their data (using any third party service provider) and to debit their account from the respective credit card / bank account / UPI ID or through any other channels including self – care portals / e-wallets/ physical outlets .
- The Customer shall ensure that the credit card or bank account has sufficient credit or balance, at all times, for debiting the Customer Mandate amount as opted by the Customer for Facility, at the time of registration.
- The Customer may withdraw Customer Mandate from Facility in compliance with the guidelines stipulated by RBI.
- The Customer agrees and confirms that it gives full authority and right to Reliance to process eNACH registration through National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and/or banks/banking partners via net-banking or debit card or UPI ID or any other similar approved authentication methods.
- The Customer agrees that in cases where the trigger of Facility is not successful as mentioned in Clause 7 above, the Customer shall be responsible to make necessary bill payment and/or recharges to the Company through other mode/s of payment(s) to avoid late payment charge(s) or disconnection of telecommunication services etc.
- The Customer agrees that they shall continue to be bound by terms and conditions of the agreement between the Customer and the Company for the telecommunications connection / services and the said agreement shall supersede these terms and conditions to the extent of such conflict.
- In case the Facility is availed by Customer authorizing payment through credit card, the Customer shall agree and undertake to maintain sufficient credit balance on the credit card for affecting the payment for the Facility
- The Customer undertakes/agrees that in case of (a) closure of bank account or UPI ID or credit card or cancellation of the standing instructions or eNACH; or (b) Facility being closed; or (c) the Customer fails to pay the telecom service amount through the Facility to the Company due to any reason including non-maintenance of sufficient balance, the Customer shall pay the said amount to the Company directly by cash/cheque/net-banking or any other mode as may be suggested by the Company to the Customer.
- In the event, the Customer is dissatisfied with the Facility in any respect or with any of the terms of service or alterations thereto, the Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue the use of the Facility. In case of dispute the total liability of the Company and/or Reliance shall not exceed the preceding one month post-paid bill amount of the Customer or the relevant recharge amount in-case of a prepaid plan.
- The Customer shall be responsible to pay or bear any taxes, duties or levies imposed on this Facility.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF RELIANCE
- The Company reserves the right to make changes to the threshold provided in Clause 6.10 based on usage and payment cycles of the Customer. In such cases. Jio shall inform the Customer in advance.
- The Facility is a third party product made available to the Customer and the Company and/or Reliance shall not be responsible for any wrong debit or credit made by the bank from its credit card or bank account. The Customer shall directly raise any issues in relation to the same with the bank or credit card and keep the Company and/or Reliance indemnified from the same.
- THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE COMPATIBILITY, SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THE FACILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULT OF THE FACILITY IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, USEFULNESS, COMPLETENESS, CONTINUITY, UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, TIMELINESS OR OTHERWISE.
- YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE FACILITY.
- YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICES UNDER THE FACILITY BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES/COMPENSATION FOR ANY LOSS, EXPENSES ETC. INCURRED BY THE CUSTOMER ON ACCOUNT OF USE, NON-AVAILABILITY OR DEFICIENCY OF THE FACILITY. THE CUSTOMER SHALL BEAR THE ENTIRE RESPONSIBILITY/LIABILITY FOR THE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE FACILITY.
- THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM:
- THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OR INABILITY TO USE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE FACILITY.
- THE POSSIBILITY OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE FACILITY.
- THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF THE TRANSMISSION OR DATA SUCH TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE CARRIED OUT ON CUSTOMER’S INSTRUCTION IN GOOD FAITH.
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY THE CUSTOMER DUE TO ANY DEFECT, ERROR, FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION IN THE PROVISION OF THE FACILITY OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE FACILITY.
- The Company reserves the right to blacklist, disable and terminate a Customer from using Facility, or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
- The Facility shall also be withdrawn (a) upon termination of relationship between the Company and third party vendor(s) providing equipment/ connectivity/integration/services for continued provision of the Facility; and/or (b) on termination of agreement between the Customer and the Company.
- Use Restriction:You must not access the Facility if you are a person who is either barred or otherwise legally prohibited from receiving or using the Facility under the laws of India.
- Third-Party Fees:You may incur access or data fees from third parties (such as your internet provider or mobile carrier) in connection with your use of the Facility. You are solely responsible for all such fees.
- Accuracy of Information:You agree that the information entered by you while profile creation/updation or using any of the Facility is true, current, complete and accurate in all respects. The Company is not responsible for any losses arising out of discrepancy in your data. You are solely responsible for maintaining confidentiality and security of your user account and for all activities that occur on or through your user account. The Company is not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your user account.
- Where any particular term or provision of this T&C is determined under applicable law to be un-enforceable, such un-enforceable term(s) shall be severed from and will not affect any other terms and conditions. The Company reserves the right to substitute any such un-enforceable term or provision with a suitable and enforceable provision at its sole discretion.
- All disputes shall be governed under the laws of India and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai only.
Note: Standing Instruction (SI) feature on the credit card for Auto pay transactions has temporarily been disabled due to non-readiness of the eco-system (Card Networks & Issuing Banks) on RBI circular.