Jio Security application (“Application”) is owned by Reliance Industries Limited ("Reliance Jio"), having its registered office at 3rd
Floor, Maker Chamber IV, 222 Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021 Maharashtra, (India). Reliance Jio is committed to protecting the privacy of the users ("you" / "your" / "yourself")
to familiarize you with the manner in which Reliance Jio uses and discloses your information collected through the Application. To use this Application, you must have a subscriber identity module (SIM) of Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited or a Jio ID and password. This Policy forms part and parcel of the Application’s End User License Agreement ("EULA
The terms of the Policy provided herein govern your use of the Application. The Policy also lays down how Reliance Jio may collect, use, share and transfer any information you provide.
Reliance Jio reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, amend, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. Reliance Jio recommends that you review this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of the current privacy practices of the Application.
This Policy shall be construed to be provided in compliance with Information Technology Act 2000, as amended from time to time, and read with the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules 2011.
- Collection of Information
- Reliance Jio may collect the following two types of information:
- Personal Information which shall mean information which could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, email address, registration account details, physical address or other relevant personal details; and demographic information, such as gender, pin code or similar information. For the purpose of this policy, sensitive personal data or information has been considered as a part of Personal Information, which may include information such as password, biometric information etc.
- Non-Personal Information which shall mean information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes session, web beacons and usage data, log data and aggregate information. We use this information to, inter alia, deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Application to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our Application, to improve the Application quality, functionality and interactivity.
- You represent that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. Your providing the information or data and Reliance Jio's consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third -party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
- Use of Information
- The information provided by you to Reliance Jio or otherwise captured by Reliance Jio may be used for a number of purposes connected with Reliance Jio business operations which may include the following:
- dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities;
- responding to your queries and fulfilling your requests for information regarding the Application;
- notifying you of any new offers or services of Reliance Jio and sending you important information regarding the Application, changes to the Application policy and/or other administrative information;
- keeping you informed about the latest content available on the Application and special offers with respect to the same;
- protecting the integrity of the Application; and
- responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- Your Personal Information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and in accordance with the provisions set our herein. Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain. Further, any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles etc. posted/uploaded/conveyed/communicated by users on the public sections of the Application becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Policy.
- Reliance Jio may use Personal Information to verify whether you are entitled to access and use the Application and the services made available through the Application.
- Reliance Jio does not sell or rent any Personal Information. Personal Information collected by the Application may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Reliance Jio may provide your information or data to its partners, associates, service providers and third parties as necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process whether local or foreign; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Reliance Jio's terms and conditions; (e) to protect Reliance Jio's rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of Reliance Jio's affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow Reliance Jio to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Reliance Jio may sustain.
- Your consent to collecting Personal and Non-Personal Information may be implicit or implied or through course of conduct.
- Information Security and Storage
- Reliance Jio uses reasonable security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the Information Technology Act 2000 as amended and read with Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules 2011, to safeguard and protect your data and information. Reliance Jio implements such measures, as stated above, to protect against unauthorized access to, and unlawful interception of, Personal Information. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over Internet/ cellular/data networks and will not hold Reliance Jio responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information unless Reliance Jio has been grossly and willfully negligent.
- Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be stored in physical form. Reliance Jio may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and Reliance Jio will on commercial reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Reliance Jio shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Reliance Jio and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- Third Party Websites, Applications and Services
- Access, Correction and Deletion
You may request access and/or correct the information Reliance Jio has collected from you by contacting Reliance Jio. If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to Reliance Jio deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id. You may note that correction or deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the Application or your access to certain features of the Application. You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be corrected or deleted or prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.