- “Active Jio SIM” means a SIM that is associated with an active subscription to a Jio Network plan by carrying out Eligible Recharge;
- “Authorised Operator” shall mean Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited;
- “Company” shall mean Reliance Retail Limited;
- “Customer”/ “User” / “You” shall mean and include a person who purchases a Network-Locked Eligible Device or otherwise Locks an Eligible Device after purchase and agrees to the terms and conditions required to receive the Offer Benefits, and who is an active subscriber of the Authorised Operator connection (existing or new);
- “Eligible Devices” shall mean the mobile devices of Partner Brand model number A23 that You purchased pursuant to these terms and conditions;
- “Eligible Recharge” shall mean any available smartphone recharge plan of the Jio Network;
- “Hard-Locked Device” means an Eligible Device that is sold in a Locked configuration;
- “Lock” or “Locked” or “Locked State” means an Eligible Device that is configured to be substantially inoperable, except with respect to emergency calling and Wi-Fi pairing only to get the Network-Locked Eligible Device unlocked from server during the Offer Period unless such Eligible Device has an Active Jio SIM installed;
- “Lock Period” means the period beginning on the date on which an Eligible Device is first configured to be in a Locked State and ending on the expiry of 30 (thirty) months.
- “MyJio App” will mean the application owned and developed by the Company and/or its Affiliate(s), in which Customers may administer their account with the Authorised Operator’s network;
- “Network-Locked Eligible Device” means an Eligible Device that is a Hard-Locked Device;
- “Offer” shall mean the Jio Forever offer made available by Company;
- “Offer Benefits” shall mean the benefits accruing to the Customer who purchase Hard-Locked Devices, under the Offer as more particularly provided in Clause 4 below;
- “Offer Commencement Date” shall mean the date on which You purchase the Eligible Device,
- “Offer Period” shall mean the period between 1st August, 2020 and 30th November, 2020;
- “Partner Brand” shall mean S Mobile Devices Private Ltd.;
- “SIM” means a subscriber identification module, whether removable or embedded;
- “T&C” shall mean the applicable terms and conditions of the Offer.
- “Unlocked State” means a configuration in which an Eligible Device in Locked State is brought to unlocked/regular operable state.
- “Unlocking” shall mean the process of bringing an Eligible Device from Locked State to Unlocked State.
- This Jio Forever offer is made available by Company to You, should You choose to avail this Offer with respect to any of the Eligible Device, as may be purchased by You.
- The Offer shall be valid for a period of 4 (four) months from the Offer Commencement Date.
- By applying for the Offer, you hereby acknowledge having read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of MyJio App (the link of the same is given at clause 10(a) below) and the following terms and conditions as being applicable thereto.
- You may avail the Offer at the time of purchase of the Eligible Device.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that, each Active Jio SIM is entitled for the Offer only once.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Offer is being made available to you only upon the condition that you irrevocably and voluntarily agree to and will comply with all of the following:
- One SIM slot of the Eligible Device shall be locked with the telecommunication services of Authorised Operator and shall remain so locked unless you request for Unlocking the Network Locked Eligible Device in the manner as stipulated in Clause 6 herein-below.
- Your usage of the Eligible Device under the Offer shall be conditional upon your availing telecommunication services of the Authorised Operator on the Eligible Device by (a) ensuring that one SIM slot is designated, at all times, as the default SIM slot for data, voice calling and SMS services through Active Jio SIM; and (b) maintaining an active plan of the Authorised Operator through Active Jio SIM with a minimum Eligible Recharge at all times; (collectively “Active Use”);
- You agree and acknowledge that any failure to ensure Active Use, for a period of 30 days or more on account of (a) the Active Jio SIM is removed from the Eligible Device, or (b) Active Jio SIM becomes inactive; shall result in an automatic disablement of your ability to use the Eligible Device as a whole, including but not limited to any use of the Eligible Device through the second SIM slot, save and except emergency calling. In such situation, You will either (a) reactivate the Jio SIM, or (b) opt for Unlocking the Network Locked Eligible Device post Lock Period.
- You shall not tamper with or in any manner misuse the Eligible Device, including but not limited to rooting attempts, reverse engineering, unlocking or jail-breaking of the Eligible Device or original firmware(s) or software(s) of the Eligible Device.
- You agree to install and activate all the applications of the Company and its affiliates
- You agree to data collection by the Company to improve the network and app performance
- You allow and shall continue to allow all the applications of the Company and its affiliates, to access your Eligible Device’s mobile data including but not limited to its contacts, gallery, camera, location.
4. Offer Benefit
- Should you choose to avail the Offer at the time of purchase of the Eligible Device, you will be entitled to and receive the benefits as to the relevant Offer.
5. Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
- Customer who purchases an Eligible Device, and do not have an Active Jio SIM, who is prepaid customer of existing telecom service provider and who is eligible and wishes to do Mobile Number Portability (MNP) from his/her existing telecom service provider to the Authorised Operator, to avail the Offer Benefits, he/she shall have to complete the journey of MNP.
- Customer will be provided with a SIM of Authorised Operator at the time of purchase of the Eligible Device.
6. Unlocking of Network Locked Eligible Device
- If you intend Unlocking of the Network Locked Eligible Device, you may do so only after the Lock Period subject to your following the process provided in Clause 8 below.
- For Unlocking the Network Locked Eligible Device from Locked State after the Lock Period, the Customer will have to make a request for Unlocking the Network Locked Eligible Device through MyJio App. Till the time the request is made, the Network Locked Eligible Device will remain in Locked State
7. Use of Eligible Device
- You acknowledge that the Eligible Device is provided to you with such warranty, servicing and other applicable terms and conditions as may be made available by Partner Brand to you, and the Company and/or Authorised Operator shall not, in any manner, be responsible or liable therefor, including but not limited to your use of the Eligible Device in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Offer.
- You acknowledge that your use of the telecommunication services of the Authorised Operator shall be subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions as specified in the customer application form (“CAF”) executed by you, for the purposes of availing such services. Wherever relevant, the terms and conditions of the CAF shall be read concomitantly with this Offer and shall form an integral part of this Offer.
8. Unlocking Process
- Customer shall use the MyJio App on his/her Network-Locked Eligible Device to configure the Network-Locked Eligible Device in the Unlocked State, by following the step-by-step process as guided by the MyJio App.
- Customer shall provide his/her consent on MyJio App, to configure his/her Network-Locked Eligible Device from the locked State to the Unlocked State.
- Customer shall receive confirmation in the form of SMS/ on his/her mobile number attached to the MyJio App, about the Unlocking status of the Eligible Device,
- Eligible Device will be configured to Unlocked State within 72 (seventy-two) hours.
9. Limitation of Liability
- You acknowledge and agree that neither the Company nor the Authorised Operator, including any of their affiliates and/or associates, shall be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary loss or damages, howsoever arising, including loss of data.
- Neither the Company nor the Authorised Operator, including any of their affiliates and/or associates, make any representations about the Eligible Device including the suitability, compatibility, reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the information, software and services and related graphics contained on the Eligible Device for any purpose whatsoever.
10. General Terms & Conditions of Offer