I am not able to send SMS from my Jio number. What do I do?
There could be few possible reasons why you are not able to send SMS. You can try these troubleshooting steps at your end:
- If you are a prepaid user, check if you have an active Recharge plan and have SMS balance left in it.
- If you are a postpaid user, check that your current usage is within assigned credit limit.
- If you did a SIM change, your Incoming and Outgoing SMS service will remain barred for 24 hours as per Regulatory guidelines.
- If you are a postpaid user with 10ARP plan, then you need to have an active Pre on Post Recharge plan to avail the Voice/Data or SMS services.
- Have you exhausted your daily or monthly quota of SMS? If yes, please recharge with a Top-up voucher to send further SMS.
- Ensure that the SMS Message Centre Number or Service Centre Number in your handset is updated. The message centre ensures that your text message is sent to the recipient. If the message centre number in your phone is blank, the text message can't be sent. This is normally updated under SMS Settings in your handset.
For Android devices in general:Launch the SMS application on your phoneTap on Menu and go to SettingsScroll down and select 'Message Centre' (If you cannot find Message centre in this list then look for and tap Text message and it should hopefully be in this list)As soon as you open that, you'll be able to see and edit the message centre numberIf blank, enter in the number 1234 and click on OK.Restart your phone and send ‘test’ text to check if its workingIf your Android phone doesn't have the 'Message Centre' option available, then you can find the same by:Typing *#*#4636#*#* into your phone on the dial screenSelect Phone informationScroll down and select the SMSC settingPress Refresh to see the current settingIf the number is blank then type 1234 and press UpdateRestart your phone and send test text to make sure it’s working
- If you are still facing the issue, then try inserting your SIM card in a different handset that is known to send and receive SMS properly. If you can send and receive SMS in another handset, this means there may be an issue with the handset you normally use.
- If you are not able to send SMS to a specific number, however able to send to other numbers, then it indicates that your phone settings and Jio services are working fine and there might be an issue with that specific number/operator. You can ask the recipient to check with his/her network operator.
- Please use Jio Chat application to send any multimedia message(s).
Was this helpful for you?
People also viewed
Find A Store
Locate the nearest Jio store
Track Activation Status
Got a new Jio SIM or Fiber connection? Check the activation status here.
Need to discuss something? Please get in touch
Now you can connect with us in many ways! Tap below to find out.