Why does JioSecurity flag a known app for privacy risk, unusual behavior, battery usage, and data usage on my Android device?
The App Advisor feature of JioSecurity scans all the installed apps on your device for access to your personal data, ads displayed, background data usage, unusual behavior, and background battery usage. Depending on the results, it flags the apps for privacy risk, unusual behavior, battery usage, and data usage. You can then read the detailed report about the app and take an informed decision whether to trust the app or uninstall it.
If you still want to trust the app that is flagged as and continue using it, add it to the ‘Trusted’ list by following the below mentioned steps:
- From the home screen, launch the JioSecurity app.
- Swipe through the screens to reach the ‘App Security’ screen and then tap ‘App Advisor’.
- You may also tap ‘Fix Now’ under the ‘App Advisor’ warning on the JioSecurity home screen.
- To review the issues with apps identified by App Advisor, tap Privacy Risk, Unusual Behavior, Battery Usage, and Data Usage.
- Tap the app that you want to review, and read the App Advisor Report about the potential risks.
- If you want to trust and retain the app, tap ‘Trust Anyway’.
The apps you trust are added to the ‘Trusted Apps’ list in App Advisor.
People also viewed
Find A Store
Locate the nearest Jio store
Track Activation Status
Got a new Jio SIM or Fiber connection? Check the activation status here.
Need to discuss something? Please get in touch
Now you can connect with us in many ways! Tap below to find out.