The #Autographed Cricket Ball Contest ("Contest") is open to all people who are subscribers (“Customer”) of the Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (‘Company’) and have subscribed for Disney+ Hotstar VIP membership provided by Novi Digital Entertainment Private Limited a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and subsisting under Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at Star House, Urmi Estate, 95 Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai - 400013 (“Hotstar”) bundled with the eligible plans made available by the Company on their Disney+ Hotstar mobile and web application (“Application”). This Contest is made available to Customer free of cost. The Company may impose limits on the use of or access to the Contest, in any case and without notice or liability. The Company is not providing the Application and/or its contents to its Customers and therefore, shall not be responsible for any defect, non-performance, quality of content, or Application / service issues related to the same. All such issues will be directly settled between Customer and Hotstar without recourse to Company. No such complaint of request will be entertained by the Company.
The Customer, being citizens of India and above 18 years of age, agrees to receive call from Company to participate in this Contest ("Participant"). The Company will call eligible Customers on first come first serve basis, subject to Customer enabling the Company to communicate with them in terms of the Telecom Commercial Communication Customer Preference, 2010 (as amended from time to time) [‘TCCCP’]. These terms and conditions contained herein govern the terms of Customer’s participation in the Contest. Participant’s entering the said Contest shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Each Participant may receive a call, and in the event the call is received by the Participant from the Company in relation to this Contest, then Company shall ask such Participant a question, and the Participant answering the question correctly shall be eligible to win a signed autographed cricket ball, on Terms and Conditions as mentioned below. All participants who participate in Contest hereby irrevocably agree with the Terms & Conditions as mentioned below and undertake to abide unconditionally by the same.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest starts on 19th September 2020 and closes on 10th November 2020.
- Eligibility criteria for participating in Contest: (i) s/he must be an Indian resident with minimum age of 18 years; (ii) Must be Company telecommunications Customer; (iii) Must have subscribed to the Disney+ Hotstar VIP membership from the Company; and (iv) Customer must be freely communicable by the Company as per TCCCP, by short messaging service and voice call or other notifications/communications related to this Contest.
- Do Not Disturb: Participants expressly agree and give their consent to be contacted by Company for the purpose of this Contest even if they are registered under National Do Not Call Registry or Do Not Disturb Register or such equivalent registry as may be applicable. All communications by Company with the Participant shall be made on call on their registered phone number provided by Participant with the Company.
- Participants understand and agree that if the call from Company in relation to the Contest remains (i) unanswered, or (ii) not reachable or (iii) switched off or (iv) call waiting, after one attempt by the Company, then the Company is entitled to move on to the next Participant, without any liability towards the Participant who has failed to answer the call from the Company.
- This Contest is subject to guidelines and directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications (“DoT”), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, and Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (“TRAI”) or any other statutory authority from time to time.
- Eligibility criteria for selecting a Winner: The Participant shall be called on first come first serve basis and asked a question. The Participant answering the question correctly (within the pre-defined timelines of one (1) minute) shall be declared as winner (‘Winner’). Participant shall not be entitled to seek (i) extra time to answer the question or (ii) multiple questions from the Company, and any demand for the same shall result in automatic disqualification of the Participant for the Contest.
- The Winner cannot (i) transfer the Prize to someone else under any circumstances, (ii) exchange the Prize or redeemed the Prize for cash, kind, or other prize.
- 1 winner will be selected daily for distribution of 52 autographed cricket balls (“Prize”).
- Winners will be communicated over the phone by the Company.
- The images of the Prize(s) shown by the Company are for representational purposes only. The actual Prize may vary from the images shown. The Winner understand and agrees that that Company shall provide the Prize on “as is basis” and without any warranty or guarantee concerning the quality, suitability or merchantability of any Prize and Company or its management, directors, officers, agents, representatives, shall not be held responsible or liable for any deficiency and/or defect of any product/service given as the Prize or any kind of consequential damages/loss in any manner whatsoever or for any loss/damage during the transit.
- The Customer cannot transfer or assign Disney+ Hotstar VIP membership availed along with the telecommunications services offerings of the Company.
- This is a unique contest run by Company and has no relation to any other contest run by Hotstar for any other application or subject.
- By availing the subscription of the Application, the Customer shall also be bound by Hotstar terms & conditions available at https://www.hotstar.com/in/terms-of-use which are independent of these Terms and Conditions. By agreeing to participate in the Contest, the Customer agrees that the Customer have gone through these Terms and Conditions, and Hotstar terms available at https://www.hotstar.com/in/terms-of-use and agree to be bound by the same.
- Company expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Company shall not be responsible for sub-standard quality or any defects of any nature in the Prize provided by Hotstar to Company for onward distribution to Winner. Any claim in respect of Prize is a subject matter of the product manufacturer/service providers and all enquiries for warranty / defect in services or related claims or disputes shall be directly settled between the Winner and the manufacturer/service provider etc. directly, without recourse to Company/Hotstar in any manner whatsoever.
- The Winner shall not behave/act in any manner so as to bring disrepute to Company’s ‘Jio’ brand or Hotstar under any circumstances, and Customer may contact the Company customer care regarding any queries, complaints, disputes pertaining to the Contest.
- If Participant/Winner is/are dissatisfied with the Contest or the Contest rules and/or any content or any requirements of the Contest, the materials available on it, or with these Terms and Conditions, their sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue and/or not to participate in the Contest.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable Central, State and Local Laws and regulations in India.
- Disclaimer: Upon declaration of Winners by Company, the Winner is required to provide personal details like name and address for shipping the Prize to the Winner. If the Winner fails to claim the Prize or the Prize is returned undelivered, then such Winner shall not have any right to claim the Prize from Company anymore, and the Company can declare next Winner and allocate the Prize to such alternative Winner, without any liability to the original Winner. Company shall not accept any liability for not selecting any new Participant as Winner for whatever reason or for declaring alternative winner. No correspondence or objection shall be entertained in this regard.
- Final Decision: The decisions of Company regarding this Contest/selection Winners/Prize or alternative prize shall be final and binding on the Participants and Winner. The decision of the Company will be final and irrevocable. Any queries regarding Winner or Prize will not be entertained.
- The Contest is not open to: (a) directors and employees of Company or Hotstar, their respective relatives are not entitled to participate in the Contest; and (b) agencies associated with this Contest and their respective directors, partners and employees shall not be entitled to participate in this Contest. In the event that such participant fails to prove the same to the satisfaction of Company, then Company may, at its sole discretion, disqualify such participant from the Contest.
- The Participant must provide valid ID Proof issued by the Government of India namely, voter card, driver’s license, or Aadhar card or Passport will be required for winning the Prize. Additionally, Winner details must match with the details available in the records of the Company regarding registered mobile number in their name which number should be used by the Winner to participate in the Contest. Participants must enter the Contest on their own behalf, entry by proxy is not allowed. Company shall have the right to cancel the candidature of any Participant at any stage of Contest who uses any means including but not limited to proxy entry, providing wrongful details during participation etc. which are not permitted hereunder.
- Participation in Contest by a participant constitutes her/his permission to Company to use her/his name, relevant details and/or photographs for purposes of publicity, advertising and/or trade without further compensation or notice. Company shall reserve the right to use all data, material etc. received from Participants as part of this Contest as it may deem fit. The Winner(s) will also be required to participate in promotional activities/events organized by Company, as and when required at the discretion of Company. Winner, if required by Company, agrees to participate in image photos, video shoots and/or film shooting sessions so required for any advertisement, promotional or otherwise related purpose including with Hotstar. Winner hereby agrees that Company shall have the right to use such photos, videos and/or films in any medium of communication (including, without limitation, print, press, internet or any multi-media medium or social media) and in any reasonable manner as Company may decide in its sole discretion. Company shall ensure that such use of Winner’s image photo, video and/or film shall be free from any vulgar, obscene, misleading, defamatory, derogatory or libelous depiction. The names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail identities and/or photographs of Winner may be used by Company for sending out commercial information and/or for other commercial, publicity or promotional purposes.
- Company makes no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, meeting of Customer’s requirements or aspirations, timeliness, or quality of the Prize.
- Indemnity: Participant / Winner shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to their taking part in the Contest, conducting an illegal act and also undertake to indemnify Company/Hotstar and its officers, directors, employees etc. on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of attorney, legal charges etc.) on full indemnity basis. Each Participant/Winner agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Company/Hotstar, harmless from any third party/entity/organization claims arising from or related to his/her participation in the Contest. In no event shall Company/Hotstar be liable to the Participant/Winner for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the Contest or participation in the Contest.
- Company / Hotstar shall in no way be liable for inability of the Winner to use the winning Prize. The Winner shall additionally be bound by the terms and conditions of use or operation of the winning Prize, which shall also be binding on the Winner over and above the Terms and Conditions of this Contest.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochures, marketing or promotional materials relating to promotion these Terms and Conditions, then the Customer /Company agrees that these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Company shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Contest or in respect of the Prize where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control in the nature of fire, rain, floods, explosions, natural calamities, State Emergency, riots, pandemic, or inability to use the Prize for any reason whatsoever due to any force majeure condition etc. and shall not be liable to compensate Winner in any such circumstances. Company cannot and shall not be accountable / liable to Participant for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Contest or due to any government restrictions.
- Company accepts no responsibility for late response i.e. reply to the question beyond 1 minute, lost communication, pre-mature disconnection of the call from Company to Participant, incomplete answer from Participant, incorrectly submitted reply, illegible, corrupted or misdirected responses, due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, transmission interruption, communications failure, hardware failure or otherwise.
- Company reserves the right to change, defer, alter or cancel this Contest in part or full, or change any or all of the Terms and Conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation/notice of any kind and will not be liable for any consequential losses/damages. Participants unequivocally agree to be bound by these modifications or revisions. Decision of Company in this regard and in general with respect to this Contest and the Terms & Conditions thereto shall be final, binding and non-contestable. Customers are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review the Terms and Conditions and any changes to it. The Company shall not be liable to provide any refund or compensation in case of termination on account of fraudulent conduct that the Company may determine, in its sole discretion, violates these Terms and Conditions and/or any applicable law and/or involves fraud or misuse of the Contest by any Participant/Winner.
- All right, title and interest, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights, in the promotional material(s) and in any and all entries received shall vest solely and exclusively with Company/Hotstar (as the case may be) at all times. Company/Hotstar shall be entitled to use the entries received, or any information in connection with the entry in any media for future promotional, marketing, publicity and any other purpose, without any permission and /or payment to the Participant.
- In consideration of Company allowing you to take part in the Contest you waive and release each and every right or claim, all actions, causes of actions (present or future) you have or may have against Company/Hotstar, its agents, directors, officers, business associates, group companies, sponsors, employees, or representatives for all and any injuries, accidents, or mishaps (whether known or unknown) or (whether anticipated or unanticipated) arising out of the Contest or related to the Contest or the Prize of the Contest.
- Company/Hotstar shall in no event be liable for any damages - direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential arising out of the Contest or use of the Prizes given through the Contest.
- Contest is organized by: Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, having its registered office at 101, Saffron Near Center Point, Panchwati, 5 Rasta, Ambavadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat- 380006, India and correspondence office at Building No. TC 23, 1st Floor, Reliance Corporate Park, MIDC, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400701, India.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.