I want to port my number to Jio. What should I do?
Given below are the steps to port your existing number to Jio:
- Step 1: SMS PORT <10-digit mobile number> to 1900 from your existing mobile number
- Step 2: You will receive an SMS that will contain the UPC (Unique Porting Code) and its expiry date
- Step 3: Visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer with the UPC
- Step 4: Carry your original Aadhaar Card or original Proof of Address (POA)/Proof of Identity (POI) to place an MNP request
- Clear all pending dues with the current operator (if you have a postpaid mobile connection)
- As per the regulations of the government, if you are porting within the same telecom circle, the number will be activated within 3 working days after successful validation. For porting to another telecom circle, it will take up to 5 working days. Your services will not be interrupted in the intervening period.
- Port-in requests from the customers of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, and North East will be processed within 15 working days. Services will not be interrupted in the intervening period. Click herefor a new Jio SIM.
Was this helpful for you?