How do I troubleshoot 'no dial tone or unable to make or receive calls' issues?
Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot.
A. For a Landline phone:
- Please make sure your landline instrument is connected to the Jio Home Gateway and that you have an active plan
- Check if you can hear the dial tone
- If not, reconnect the phone cable (RJ11/telephone wire cable) at both ends (landline and Jio Home Gateway)
- Ensure that the ‘Dial’ mode is set to ‘Tone’ mode and try rebooting the JioFiber Router once
B. For JioJoin on Android and iOS mobile devices
- Please make sure your mobile device is connected to the Jio Home Gateway and you have an active plan
- If unable to complete first-time setup, visit ‘Mobile Settings’ and check if ‘Private DNS’ is enabled and if enabled, please disable the same.
- If already configured, go to ‘Settings’ in the JioJoin app and check the status of the JioFiber Voice number - it should be ONLINE
- If not working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app or rebooting the JioFiber Router once
C. For JioJoin on Jio Set-top Box
- Please make sure your Jio Set-top Box is connected to the Jio Home Gateway and that you have an active plan
- If you are making a video call through your smartphone camera, you must ensure:
- A mobile camera is set up on the JioJoin app on mobile and the JioJoin app is in the foreground
- The mobile is connected to JioFiber WiFi
- The Mic & Camera option is enabled in the JioJoin app mobile settings
- If you are making a video call through JioTVCamera, try re-connecting the camera and rebooting Jio Set-top Box and Jio Home Gateway (Router)
Was this helpful for you?