How can I configure / use JioPrivateNet using EAP-SIM / EAP-AKA?
To configure JioPrivateNet on your 4G phone follow the below mentioned steps. This is a one-time configuration on the mobile handset, and has to be done again if you change the 4G handset. You have to be at a Jio Hotspot to perform these steps.
- Ensure that the activated Jio SIM is present in Slot 1 of the 4G phone.
- In Settings, switch on Wi-Fi
- Phone will display the list of Wi-Fi Network Names including ‘JioPrivateNet’
- Click on JioPrivateNet
- Settings Menu will pop-up on your phone
- Select AKA in the PEAP/EAP dropdown menu (if AKA is not displayed on the settings, then the phone does not support this service).
- Click on CONNECT.
Your phone will now on automatically connect to ‘JioPrivateNet’ at all Jio Hotspots. Do remember to switch on the Wi-Fi whenever you are at a Jio Hotspot.
If you missed to select AKA in the PEAP/EAP dropdown menu, your phone will not connect to JioPrivateNet SSID. To connect on JioPrivateNet SSID
- Click on the JioPrivateNet SSID name
- Select ‘forget’ option
NNow try to connect again with correct option ‘AKA’ in the PEAP/EAP dropdown menu.
Was this helpful for you?