Terms and Conditions
Jio offers you 5 IR pack options which can be purchased as per your usage requirement post selecting the visited country as shown below:
Global Packs: ₹1101 and ₹1102 Packs; applicable in 130+ countries
IR Voice & Data Packs: 4 validity options; applicable in up to 44 countries
IR Data-only Packs: 3 validity options; applicable in 70 countries
Wi-Fi Calling to India-only (Voice Packs) 2 validity options; applicable in 130+ countries
For more details on IR packs, please click here.
Terms & Conditions
- Outgoing calls to Premium-rate numbers/Special codes/Toll-free numbers/Maritime/Satellite/Ship Cruise or Inmarsat are not allowed while in International roaming unless mentioned specifically.
- IR pack (Global/Voice and Data Packs/Wi-Fi Calling to India-only/Data Only Packs) validity, calculation of usage and commercial usage limit will start from the commencement of usage in International Roaming.
- The daily commercial usage limit time starts from the commencement of usage and it follows 24 hours rolling validity. It means if the pack usage is started from 10.00 AM (visited country local time), the commercial usage limit will reset next day at 10 AM (visited country local time)
- For IR Pack 2499 (10 days validity) the commercial usage limit reset behaviour is same as for daily validity pack IR 499 and 4999.
- For e.g. Jio customer subscribes to IR pack 2499, and travels to UAE. Starts using IR services in UAE at 10:00 AM (UAE time) 1st May, 2023. The pack validity starts at 10:00 AM (UAE time) on 1st May, 2023. Daily commercial usage limit cycle starts from 10:00 AM (UAE time), and gets reset next day at 09:59:59 AM. And, follows the reset cycle till 8th May, 2023 10:00 AM (UAE time)
- All the packs (Global/Voice and Data Packs/Wi-Fi Calling to India-only/Data Only Packs) and pack benefits are applicable while travelling to the country covered in pack benefit and on pack partner network specified for the respective country. Please check pack details for the list of pack covered country and preferred partner networks for the respective country. On visiting all other countries or on latching to networks of partners not mentioned in the pack details, standard IR rates, as available on Jio.com will apply.
- If no IR pack is active, services at International Roaming location will be charged at standard IR/PayGo rates as available on Jio.com, which will be charged from main balance of prepaid customers and from AVL (available credit limit) of postpaid customers.
- You can buy the IR pack even when you are in an international location. Please click here to recharge with an IR pack.
- Calling US toll-free numbers starting with 1800, 1833, 1844, 1855, 1866, 1877 & 1888, while on International roaming in US will be charged at local rate of Rs.2/min. The international roaming customers calling these numbers from any other country apart from US will be charged at applicable Rest of World (ROW) PayGo Rates for the said country.
- On first time subscription of the IR pack customer IMSI will change.
- 1 SMS = 160 characters. In case, you send more than 160 characters in 1 SMS then the rates will be applicable accordingly
- Jio reserves the right to amend or withdraw the offer without prior notice
- As per DOT directions, International Roaming services are not permitted for prepaid customers of Assam, North East and Jammu& Kashmir
- Data services can be switched off from the mobile handset, in case customers do not wish to use data usage
- Data STOP/barring request to Jio for local usage is different from data STOP/barring request to Jio for international roaming. In the event a Jio Customer has engaged the Data Barring service via Jio in India for local usage, the same shall not be applicable while on roaming, and data remains “ACTIVE” on customer’s number once connecting to the partner network in an international location. In case the customer wants to deactivate data services while on international roaming, the same needs to be done from the handset
- Once a customer has got the data stopped on International Roaming, he/she needs to activate the data service on his/her handset to avail the data service. Activation of IR pack shall not automatically activate the data service on International Roaming
- Customer’s International Roaming usage is shared by the international operators with Jio regularly. In case, there is a delay in sharing this information, the usage charges may display in the subsequent bills (up to 3 bills). (Applicable for Postpaid customers)
- Caller Line Identification Number (CLI) is not guaranteed while the International roaming packs are active
- Video calling service is not available on International Roaming currently. Availability of the service and charges for the same will be informed once the services are available
- In case, call forward is active on a mobile number, customer will be charged for both Incoming and Outgoing leg as per IR rates, if call gets forwarded as per forward conditions. Customer must cancel/deactivate the ‘call forward’ before leaving home network. To deactivate call forwarding, go to Settings > Call > Advance settings > Call forwarding. Please note the navigation might differ on different handsets.
- Jio bears no responsibility for the network quality of the partner network service providers in the visited country at respective locations
- These Terms & Conditions shall constitute an agreement between Jio and each customer and by subscribing to the pack, the customer accepts the same as binding upon him/her.
- The Terms & Conditions of usage of Jio, so far as the same are not inconsistent with the present terms and conditions, continue to be applicable to you as a user of the mobile services.
- Jio will be entitled to postpone, suspend, modify or cancel the Pack or any aspect thereof, in compliance with applicable TRAI Regulations, across the entire territories of service or any part thereof, at any time with or without notice, for any reason, including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, technical difficulties, or any other reasons beyond Jio’s reasonable control. If Jio suspends or cancels the Pack, all aspects of the Pack shall be null and void. Jio will not be liable to compensate any customer for any postponement or cancellation or for any reason directly or indirectly arising out of this Pack
- JIO HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER IN RESPECT OF ANY CLAIMS OR DISPUTES AND ANY RESULTING DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, RELATING TO THE CUSTOMER AVAILING, NOT RECEIVING OR CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE PACK
- JIO MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER IN RESPECT OF THE PACK AND THE MOBILE SERVICES INCLUDING AS TO ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, AVAILABILITY, DISRUPTION OR ERROR-FREE OPERATION
- Please note that the statements in these terms and conditions do not constitute any general representation from Jio regarding Jio’s services or its availability. Jio’s network is available on an ‘as is where is available’ basis and Jio makes no representation, guarantee or warranty regarding the availability, fitness for any specified purpose or error-free operation of the network. Network availability may be affected due to various reasons including force majeure, acts of God, inclement weather, topographical/ geographic/ demographic factors, maintenance work, availability of interconnection with other networks, etc.
- Any dispute or claim (contractual or non-contractual) arising out of or in relation to this agreement, including disputes as to its formation, will be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Subject to the point above, Jio and the customer submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts at Mumbai alone
- VoLTE International Roaming is available, in select countries on select partners, on all packs and PayGo tariffs. The applicable tariffs remain unchanged. Applicable list of countries and partners for VoLTE services are as follows: