Indian Railways - Family and Friends
- “Additional Data Offer” shall mean additional 4G data as provided under Additional Data Vouchers (hereinafter defined) offered to the Eligible Subscriber upon performing Recharge on the Eligible Device
- “Eligible Subscriber” shall mean a person who (i) is a recipient; (ii) is an active subscriber of the RJIO services; and (iii) is enrolled to the “Jio Prime” membership plan.
- To avail this offer, call 1800 891 779 9 or visit your nearest Jio Store.
- “Offer” shall mean Additional Data Offer made available by RJIO.
- “Railway Employee” shall mean an employee of Indian Railways who is currently availing a corporate connection of RJIO provided by Indian Railways to such employee.
- “Offer Benefits” shall mean the benefits accruing to the Eligible Subscriber under the Offer as shown herein-below.
- “Recipient (s)” shall mean a maximum of four (4) individuals referred per Railway Employee and identified by the Company as such referral through verification of an OTP generated by such Railway Employee.
- “Recharge” shall mean an applicable recharge performed of RJIO prepaid plans; or .
- “Recharge Cycle” shall mean: (i) in the case of recharge of Rs. 129, Rs. 199, cycle period of 28 consecutive calendar days; (ii) in the case of recharge of Rs. 555 cycle period of 84 consecutive calendar days; and (iii) in the case of recharge of ,Rs.2121 cycle period of 336 consecutive calendar days.
- “RJIO” shall mean Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited.
- “T&C” shall mean the applicable terms and conditions of the Offer.
The Offer and the benefits hereunder shall be made available by RJIO to an Eligible Subscriber.
Benefits of the Offer (“Offer Benefits”)
Terms and Conditions of the Offer ("T&C")
- An Eligible Subscriber, who, during the subsistence of the Offer, performs Recharge on or after 8th February, 2019, shall be entitled to following benefits:
- An Eligible Subscriber performing a recharge of Rs. 129 shall be entitled to an additional 6 GB 4G data (“6 GB Additional Data Voucher”) per such recharge for the first three recharges of Rs.129 and thereafter shall be entitled to an additional 2 GB 4G data (“2 GB Additional Data Voucher”) per such recharge.
- An Eligible Subscriber performing a recharge of Rs. 199, Rs.555, or Rs.2121 shall be entitled to an additional 0.5 GB/day 4G data (“0.5 GB Additional Data Voucher”) per such recharge.
- An Eligible Subscriber subscribed to post-paid plan of Rs.199 shall be entitled to an additional 8 GB 4G data (“8 GB Additional Data Voucher”) per billing cycle.
- For the sake of brevity, the 6 GB Additional Data Voucher, 2 GB Additional Data Voucher and 0.5 GB/day Additional Data Voucher are collectively referred to as “Additional Data Vouchers” and individually as “applicable Additional Data Voucher”
- The applicable Additional Data Voucher would be credited to the account of Eligible Subscriber within 48 hours of the Recharge.
- Where any applicable Additional Data Voucher is redeemed during a Recharge Cycle period, the benefits attached to such voucher shall be limited to that Recharge Cycle period and any such benefits that remain unutilized at end of that Recharge Cycle period, will expire and be forfeited. Such Additional Data Vouchers that are not redeemed within 90 days from date of credit shall expire and be forfeited.
- The Offer shall be open to all Eligible Subscribers on and from 8th February, 2019 till 7th February, 2020
- These T&C shall be read concomitantly with the terms & conditions of Jio Prime Membership and CAF.
- RRL/RJIO recognizes that the choice to be contacted for promotional messages and alerts is that of the Eligible Subscriber. RRL/RJIO intends to keep the Eligible Subscriber informed on matters relating to the Offer and any upcoming offers from RRL/RJIO for the benefit of the Eligible Subscriber. Accordingly, by availing the Offer, the Eligible Subscriber hereby consents to be contacted by RRL/RJIO and such consent shall remain unaffected by Eligible Subscriber’s registration in the National Do Not Call (“NDNC”) registry under the relevant category stipulated therefor.
- RJIO reserves the right to cancel/withdraw this Offer at any time, without any prior intimation to the Eligible Subscriber. However, the benefits accrued to the Eligible Subscriber on or prior to the cancellation/withdrawal of this Offer, shall not undergo any change.
- RJIO, may, at its discretion, modify any of the terms and/or conditions and/or any aspect of the Offer, without any prior intimation to the Eligible Subscriber. The modifications so carried out will be posted on www.jio.com.
- If any term/ condition under the T&C of the Offer is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, such term/ condition shall be severed from the other terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions of the Offer.
- In no event shall RJIO (including each of its affiliates, group companies or parent company) or its directors, officers, employees, agents or other representatives thereof be responsible or liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, or any other damages of any kind, arising out of or related to the Offer.
- The Offer Benefits are non-transferable.
- This Offer is subject to guidelines/directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Department of Telecommunications (DOT) or any other statutory authority from time to time.
- To get a new RJIO SIM, kindly visit nearest Jio Store, Reliance Digital or Jio retailer. To locate nearest Jio Store, visit https://www.jio.com/Jio/portal/storeLocator.
- In case of any queries/issues, please contact RJIO Customer Care at 198/18008899999 or click https://www.jio.com/en-in/contact-us#/ for support through chat or mail.
- The Eligible Subscriber agrees that he/she has read, understood and voluntarily agrees to the T&C mentioned and stated herein.
- Reliance Retail Limited (“the Company”) offers to the Recipient (hereinafter defined), “JioPhone Railways- Family & Friends” (“Offer”) effective on and from 16th January, 2019 (as per specifications and together with specified accessories as provided on company website ‘www.jiophone.com’) on the terms and conditions as specified at www.jiophone.com.
- The Recipient acknowledges that the Recipient has a choice to avail the JioPhone either (i) by depositing a sum of Rs. 1500/- in the manner specified at www.jiophone.com; or (ii) under this Offer.
- To avail this offer, call 1800 891 779 9 or visit your nearest Jio Store.
- By applying for the Offer and affixing an electronic or physical signature, the Recipient hereby signifies acceptance of all terms and conditions as stated herein.
- Eligibility for Offer
- Subject to Clause 1.2 below, the Offer is available to a maximum of 4 individuals referred per “Railway Employee” and identified by the Company as such referral through verification of an OTP generated by such Railway Employee (“Recipient” or “Recipients”). A “Railway Employee” shall mean an employee of Indian Railways who is currently availing a corporate connection of Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited provided by Indian Railways to such employee.
- The Offer is eligible only to such Recipient who:
- Deposits an interest-free refundable security deposit of Rs. 501/- (Rupees Five Hundred and One only) in accordance with Clause 3 below; and
- Pays to the Company an amount of Rs. 495/- (Rupees Four Hundred and Ninety Five only) for electronic vouchers; and
- Is a subscriber of the telecommunication services of an authorised carrier designated by the Company (presently, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) (“Authorised Carrier”) as on the date of issuance of the JioPhone in terms of the Offer, whether by way of a fresh subscription or successful porting to the services of an Authorised Carrier by availing the mobile number portability option available with such Recipient; and
- Pays to the Company or its authorized retailer Rs. 99/- (Rupees Ninety Nine only) for the first month of usage of the JioPhone under the Offer; and
- Agrees to adhere to the terms and conditions of this Offer.
- Referral Benefits to Railway Employee (“Offer Benefits”)
- Upon every Recipient referred by a Railway Employee availing a JioPhone under this Offer (“Successful Referral”), the Railway Employee making such referral, shall be entitled to a cashback in the form of a voucher worth Rs. 50 (“Cashback”). For avoidance of doubt, each Railway Employee, at any given point of time, shall not be entitled Cashback for more than four (4) such Successful Referrals.
- Cashback received by the Railway Employee can only be redeemed against recharges performed by such Railway Employee of prepaid plans, valued at Rs. 198 or Rs.299, of Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited.
- Refundable Deposit
- An interest-free refundable security deposit of Rs. 501/- (Rupees Five Hundred and One only) (“Refundable Deposit”) shall be deposited by the Recipient in the manner stipulated by the Company.
- The Company may also permit from time to time specified electronic vouchers for availing the Offer, on such terms and conditions as applicable to such vouchers and as the Company may deem fit, from time to time.
- The Refundable Deposit is being obtained purely to secure the Company for proper handling of the JioPhone and its safe return by the Recipient to the Company, as per these terms.
- The Recipient acknowledges and agrees that the Company shall, without prejudice to its rights and remedies under any law or in equity, have a right of lien over the Refundable Deposit for satisfaction of all the obligations herein, including any payment obligations, by the Recipient.
- The Recipient acknowledges that it is not the intention of the parties to apply the Refundable Deposit towards consideration for any supply. The adjustment of the Refundable Deposit shall only be to the extent and in the manner envisaged in these terms.
- Use of JioPhone
- The JioPhone is only for the personal use of the Recipient and such use shall be in strict adherence with applicable laws and in accordance with guidelines/ stipulations issued from time to time by the Government or the Company for fair and authorized use.
- The JioPhone is available for continued use by the Recipient for services of an Authorized Carrier in the following manner:
- The Recipient shall pay Rs. 99/- (Rupees Ninety Nine only) for the first month upon issuance of the JioPhone under the Offer (“FRC Recharge”);
- The electronic vouchers purchased by the Recipient as part of the Offer shall be considered on and from the expiry of the FRC Recharge, for five (5) subsequent usage cycles of Rs. 99/- each;
- The Recipient acknowledges that he/she/itself shall be obligated to use the JioPhone for charged services of an Authorized Carrier for a minimum continuous period of three hundred (300) days of every one (1) year over a three (3) year period from the date of the first issue of the JioPhone under this Offer.
- The Recipient has satisfied himself/herself/itself with the features of the JioPhone and has agreed to receive the JioPhone on “As-It-Is-Basis” and shall not tamper with or in any manner misuse the JioPhone, including but not limited to rooting attempts, reverse engineering, unlocking or jail-breaking of the JioPhone or original firmware(s) or software(s) of the JioPhone.
- The Recipient is aware that JioPhone is being offered with a SIM-locked feature. The Company may, solely at its discretion, allow the use of the JioPhone with any other compatible network from time to time.
- The Recipient acknowledges that the Company has no responsibility for the actual provision of telecommunication services and that the Recipient is solely responsible for availing these services from the Authorized Carrier(s).
- Nothing contained herein shall be construed as creating any arrangement for transfer of title, ownership or interest including rights of any intellectual property in/of the JioPhone in favour of the Recipient.
- The Recipient has no right to sell, lease, assign, and transfer or otherwise dispose-of the JioPhone in any manner whatsoever.
- Early Return of the JioPhone
- The Recipient may return the JioPhone at any time post end of thirty (30) months from the date of first issue upon payment of Rs. 501/- plus applicable GST or other taxes (“Early Return Charges”).
- On the Recipient complying with the Return Conditions as defined in Clause 9 below and paying the Early Return Charges, the Company shall return the Refundable Deposit to the Recipient
- Return of the JioPhone
- The Recipient may return the JioPhone availed under this Offer, after the expiry of three years from the date of first issue in accordance with the conditions stipulated under Clause 9 or as early return in terms of Clause 5.
- The Recipient shall comply with the Return Conditions as defined in Clause 9 below for return of JioPhone to the Company.
- Where a Recipient who is fully compliant with the terms and conditions of the Offer, returns the JioPhone in accordance with Clause 9 below, as specified, the Company shall return to such Recipient, the Refundable Deposit.
- The Refundable Deposit shall stand forfeited by the Recipient, if the Recipient returns the Jio Phone availed under this Offer at any time prior to/or the expiry of three years or as otherwise specified in Clause 5 from the date of first issue where the Recipient has, in the Company’s sole opinion, not complied with any of the terms and conditions of the Offer.
- Repossession of JioPhone
- The Company has the right to repossess the JioPhone if the Recipient fails to comply with Use of JioPhone as per Clause 4.2 above.
- Warranty for use
- The Company grants a limited warranty for use of the JioPhone in terms of the warranty conditions as available at ‘www.jiophone.com’.
- The Company offers no warranty for third party hardware accessories whether authorized or not by the Company for use with the JioPhone.
- Any repairs/replacement of parts of the JioPhone not covered by warranty may be carried out by the Company on payment of charges by the Recipient as stipulated by the Company from time to time.
- Conditions for Return of JioPhone
- The JioPhone shall be returned by the Recipient to the Company on or after the expiry of thirty six months, or earlier as specified in Clause 5, but before the expiry of thirty nine months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone. The Company will accept the return and repay the Refundable Deposit, provided:
-The JioPhone is not damaged (normal wear & tear excepted) and is in working condition;
-Any and all data or other information of the Recipient on the JioPhone is deleted and purged before returning the JioPhone
-The Recipient complies with any other terms and conditions as may be stipulated (available at ‘www.jiophone.com’ and such other partner sites as the Company may determine) at by the Company for return of the JioPhone; and
-The Recipient removes the SIM card from the JioPhone before returning the same; (collectively “Return Conditions”).
- Returning the JioPhone does not cancel the Recipient’s service contract with the Authorized Carrier(s).
- Default and Consequences
- Where the Recipient:
-fails to adhere to any of the terms and conditions and the Company repossesses the JioPhone from the Recipient, the same consequences as in the case of return of JioPhone as per Clause 6 shall apply;
-fails to return the JioPhone within a period of three months after expiry of thirty six months from the date of first issue of JioPhone (‘Return Period’) for whatsoever reasons, all of the following consequences shall ensue, namely:
a) The Refundable Deposit shall stand forfeited on the expiry of the Return Period without any further notice to the Recipient;
b) The Company shall be entitled to receive back/repossess the JioPhone;
c) The Company may exercise any other recourse or remedies that it may have, whether in law or in equity.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The Company or all the right holders in/of the JioPhone, as the case may be, own title, interest and rights, including all related intellectual property rights, in/of the JioPhone and the Recipient acknowledges that such ownership shall include all intellectual property rights arising from any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other information provided by the Recipient, whether in the course of use of the JioPhone or otherwise.
- Recipient Data
- The Recipient acknowledges and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use of the JioPhone, as per its end user license agreement (EULA), including but not limited to the data privacy terms related thereto.
- The EULA, including the applicable data privacy terms and policy are made available on the JioPhone.
- Recipient Data
- The following are the contact details of the Company, which may be updated by the Company from time to time and made available on www.jiophone.com
a)Name: JioPhone Care Manager;
b)Address: Building 4, Reliance Corporate Park, Ghansoli, Thane Belapur Road, Navi Mumbai - 400 701
- No Liability
- The Recipient acknowledges and agrees that, the Company shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary loss or damages, howsoever arising, including loss of data.
- The Recipient acknowledges and agrees that save and except return of the Refundable Deposit as per terms herein, the Company shall not be liable to make any payment or incur or suffer any liability to the Recipient, under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Where any particular term or provision of this JioPhone offer is determined under applicable law to be un-enforceable, such un-enforceable term(s) shall be severed from and will not affect any other terms and conditions. The Company reserves the right to substitute any such un-enforceable term or provision with a suitable and enforceable provision at its sole discretion.
- Dispute Resolution
- All disputes shall be governed under the laws of India and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai only.