Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions
Amazon Prime Offer for JioFiber Subscriber
Welcome to the terms and conditions ("Terms") for this Offer (defined below).
- These Terms are between the subscribers of JioFiber services made available by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) (“Customer”) and Jio Platforms Limited (“Company”) and govern respective rights and obligations. By availing the Offer, the following terms and conditions shall be deemed to be accepted by the Customer – JioFiber usage terms and condition
In the context of this document, note the following:
Description of the Offer:
- Customer will be offered annual subscription of Amazon Prime membership provided by Amazon.com Inc. (“Amazon”) and made available by the Company at no additional cost for 12 months from the date of activation and thereafter on chargeable basis post the end of initial annual membership of Amazon Prime membership (“Offer”).
- This Offer is made available to the Customers on eligible JioFiber plans subscribed by them. The eligible plans and the Offer are subject to change at the discretion of the Company and/or its affiliates, without any prior notice to the Customer. Customer should visit Jio.com or MyJio app to know about all the eligible bill plans
- To avail this Offer, Customer will be required to activate the Offer from MyJio app or other modes as communicated by the Company. Customer can either visit MyJio app and subscribe to the Offer or tap on the Amazon Prime membership Offer banner shown on the home page of the MyJio app along with other contents. Customer will be directed and required to sign in or sign up with Amazon account to avail the Offer. Customer will also be informed about charges applicable at the end of 12 months.
- The Offer includes Amazon Prime membership for 12 months at no additional cost when they are subscribers or subscribe to an eligible JioFiber plan. With Amazon Prime membership, Customer gets access to all the benefits available under Amazon Prime membership such as content on Amazon Prime Video application, free fast delivery, and access to Amazon Music. Customer can watch the content on all the means which are compatible with Amazon Prime Video app as per Amazon Terms and Conditions.
Benefits with Amazon Prime Membership
- Customers availing this Offer shall be eligible to receive benefits provided by Amazon for its Amazon Prime members. Customer is required to visit Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions (www.amazon.in/primeterms) to know the same in more detail. Amazon will be solely responsible for resolving questions related to Amazon Prime membership benefits and related terms and conditions. This Offer is subject to guidelines and directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications (“DoT”), Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (“TRAI”) or any other statutory authority from time to time.
- The Customer can avail the initial Amazon Prime membership at no additional cost for 12 months from the date of activation. The Customer will not be auto-charged for Amazon Prime membership and will be required to recharge for annual Amazon Prime membership through MyJio App or jio.com to continue using Amazon Prime membership benefits at the end of 12 month period. The recharge will be at a prevailing rates on the date of renewal through the invoice or bill raised under the plan. The renewal fees paid or charged are non-refundable.
Customer will be notified prior to the expiry of the Offer.
Offer Cancellation and Renewal
- This Offer provides Customer with 12 months of Amazon Prime Membership at no additional cost. During these 12 months, if a Customer unsubscribes or downgrades to ineligible JioFiber plan, the Offer will end with immediate effect. In this case the Customer will not be charged anything.
If a Customer wishes to continue and not unsubscribe, the Customer will be charged renewal fee at prevailing market rate of Amazon Prime Annual membership.
Modification to the Offer Terms
- The Company may modify these Terms & Conditions of the Offer or any part thereof at any time during the Offer Period and without prior notice.
Change/modification/termination of Offer
- Company reserves the right to withdraw the Offer at any time without prior notice to the Customer. However, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these terms once the Customer has been charged, the Customer will enjoy Amazon Prime membership benefits as per Amazon’s terms.
- The Company and/or RJIL may send you email, SMS and other notifications/communications related to the Offer.
- Customer cannot transfer or assign Amazon Prime membership or any benefits of Amazon Prime membership.
- Amazon Prime members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using Amazon Prime benefits.
- All the terms and conditions mentioned under Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions will apply www.amazon.in/primeterms
- Company reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this Offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, the Terms at its sole discretion at any time during the Offer period as may be required including in view of business exigencies, authorities, changes by regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and for other reasons beyond its control. The latest revised version of the Terms shall be effective and binding on the customers from the time of its posting on the website. Customers are therefore advised to check the website regularly for any update(s) or amendment(s) made to these Terms and in the event the modified or amended Terms are not acceptable to Customer, Customer should discontinue the subscription to the Offer and any other services. Customer’s continued subscription to the Offer thereunder will constitute their acceptance of the latest revised Terms.
- Company may revoke or terminate the Offer at its discretion without prior notice if the Company suspects any fraudulent activity or misuse of the Offer. Company shall not give any refund in case of termination which is related to fraudulent conduct that the Company may determine, in its sole discretion, violates these Terms or any applicable law or involves fraud or misuse of the Offer.
- These Terms are subject to laws of India. Any disputes or any matter arising here from will be referred to a Sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the Company, whose decision shall be final and binding on the parties. The place of Arbitration shall be at Mumbai.
Limitation of Liability
- In addition to the limitations mentioned in this document, in no event will Company or our directors, managers, officers, employees, agents or other representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, or any other damages of any kind, arising out of or related to this Offer. Total liability, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall not exceed the last fee paid by the Customer.
- This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other alternative offer or promotion of a similar nature. By availing this Offer, Customer confirms and waive the applicability of rules and regulations of the National Do Not Call registry and agrees to receive promotional messages and alerts under the current Offer and upcoming offers from the Company, as it may in its sole and absolute discretion decide.
- This Offer is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. Act of God or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Company. The Customer shall also be bound by the terms and conditions of the Customer Application Form as amended from time to time. This Offer is subject to guidelines/directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Department of Telecommunications (DOT) or any other statutory authority from time to time. The Terms stated herein shall not override the terms and conditions of the Subscriber Enrolment Form/Customer Application Form. The Customer availing the Offer shall also be subject to a separate set of terms & conditions as stated by Amazon and available at www.amazon.in/primeterms which are independent of these Terms; Failure by the Company to enforce any of the Terms in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver of those Terms and shall not give rise to any claim by any person. Customer may contact the customer care regarding any queries, complaints, disputes pertaining to the Offer.
- Customer agrees that the Company and its affiliates have no responsibility and liability with regard to the privacy, safety and security of any information (including personal information) that Customer may have to share independently with Amazon or other third party content providers for availing relevant contents. By availing this Offer, Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that the customer shall have no rights whatsoever over the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks belonging to the Company and/or its affiliates and to any third party content licensor to the Company and/or its affiliates that is made available through the Offer
- Customer agrees that this Offer is being made purely on a “best endeavour” basis and subject to acceptance of these Terms. Customer’s participation in the Offer is voluntary and Customer expressly agree to avail the Offer at his/her sole risk. Company and its affiliates shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability to any Customer arising due to participation in the Offer. Company makes no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, meeting of Customer’s requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security of the Offer and/or any delay or failure to avail the Offer including due to technical or network problems. To the extent Customer choose to avail this Offer, he/she do so at their own initiative and shall remain responsible for compliance with the Terms herein, any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. the Company may impose limits on the use of or access to the Offer, in any case and without notice or liability. Under this Offer, Company’s and/or RJIL’s responsibility shall only be limited to making the Offer available to the customer and in providing telecom service on its network for Customers availing this Offer. Customers acknowledge that the Company is not the owner of Amazon Prime Video and therefore, shall not be responsible for any defect, non-performance, quality of content, or application / service-related issues related to Amazon Prime Video content. All such issues or disputes will be directly settled between Customer and Amazon. The Company and/or its affiliates shall not be responsible for any such claims or complaints including but not limited to defect, non-performance, quality of content, or application / service-related issues related to Amazon Prime Video content.