What are the Battery’s Do's & Don'ts?
Please follow the dos and the don’ts when using the JioFi with Li-ion battery:
- Do not place battery in high temperature environment, such as near fire or heater. It is dangerous and may cause overheating of battery, fire, explosion or battery function failure.
- If the temperature in the surrounding environment is too high or too low, the device’s performance could slow down. For stable, fast charging, we recommend charging the device at room temperature.
- Do not heat battery with soldering iron, hair dryer or other heating tools.
- Do not immerse battery in water. Keep it in a secure, cool and dry environment.
- Do not reverse battery’s positive and negative terminals during usage.
- Do not short-circuit the battery. This may seriously damage the battery and may result in fire and explosion.
- Do not connect the battery to an electrical outlet (230V AC) This will damage the battery and may result in fire and explosion.
- Do not transport or store the battery with metal objects such as hairpins, keys, ornaments, etc.
- Do not damage the battery by hitting on it with some object, throwing it on the surface, stamping on it, or dropping the battery on the surface from certain height.
- Do not try to disassemble the battery. This will cause serious damage to the battery and it becomes unusable.
- Do not dispose of the batteries with your regular household waste. This can lead to the poisonous chemicals and acids leaching into land and water supplies.
- Do not pierce battery with a nail or other sharp object.
- In order to prevent overheating and rapid battery drainage, you are advised not to use it near an appliance which generates strong electromagnetic field, e.g. microwave oven, hair dryer, electric shaver, etc.
- Use only the specified Power Adapters when charging the Li-ion battery.
- Wrap waste / faulty battery’s terminals with insulation paper for storage and transportation.
- Do not place the battery / device inside the vehicle standing in direct sunlight for a longer duration.
- Stop using the battery if you observe too much heat, change in colour, odour and battery bulge.
- Do not put heavy weight on the battery when storing separately. It may damage the battery and may result in fire and explosion.
- Avoid overnight charging or leaving the device for charging unattended for longer duration.
- Store the battery / device in normal room temperature.
- Do not freeze the battery / device.
- Do not place the battery / device in direct sunlight.
Was this helpful for you?
Find A Store
Locate the nearest Jio store
Track Activation Status
Got a new Jio SIM or Fiber connection? Check the activation status here.
Need to discuss something? Please get in touch
Now you can connect with us in many ways! Tap below to find out.