JioMeet is a homegrown HD video conferencing and content sharing application. With JioMeet, you can schedule calls or instant meetings with up to 250 participants from anywhere at any instance. You can collaborate across devices and join meetings from mobile, desktop or any VC enabled devices. It enables you to simultaneously switch between devices during an active call for seamless participation. It facilitates creation and managing group calling with the use of in-call functionality and invite sharing during an active call to manage meetings effectively.
|Specifications/ Features||JioMeet||JioMeet Pro|
|Admin portal - user management, role assignment, dashboard / Analytics||-||done|
|AD / SAML integration||-||done|
|Allocate license (license management)||-||done|
|VC room availability||-||done|
|HD video conferencing||done||done|
|Adaptive video resolution||done||done|
|Digital payment option||done||done|
|Multi-device support and device switching||done||done|
|Secure and encrypted data||done||done|
What You Get
HD VideosExperience best-in-class HD quality while conducting your meetings
B2B CallsConduct meetings with customers, partners and people from other organizations
WebRTC SupportJust click on the invite and join from the browser
Record MeetingsRecord live meetings and download locally for future reference
Direct Dial OutDial out from app to VC rooms, registered users or a group for an ad-hoc call
MultilingualSupports multiple Indian languages apart from English
Merged Contact ListSingle app to meet professional and personal collaboration needs
Online PortalManage users, on-board VC rooms and access reports
Digital Self-CareAn intuitive digital Self-Care to manage your service
24x7 Assisted CareReady to service your needs at all times
Meeting room SecurityPassword protected
Play entry/ exit chimes
Enable ‘Waiting Room’
Device ConvergenceSimultaneous sign-in on multiple devices
Switch between multiple devices
Merged Contact ListSingle app to meet professional and personal collaboration needs, where
users can view personal contacts registered with their numbers, for calling
Inclusive VC Room CallingIntegration with legacy video devices (H.323 & SIP)
Self customer onboarding of VC rooms using the admin portal
What is JioMeet?
JioMeet is a Video Conferencing Service that allows you to conduct a conference anytime, anywhere. Businesses can connect with up to 100 participants in a conference using the JioMeet app on a desktop/ laptop, smartphone, or from a legacy Video Conferencing (VC) device. JioMeet is also available through a web browser (Chrome).
What is JioMeet Pro?
JioMeet Pro is a version of JioMeet, that allows for multiple Admin/ Host licenses and is ideally suited for business users. The following features are available in the Pro version-
- Conduct video calls with up to 250 participants
- Have an Admin portal to manage licenses
- Get User Management rights
- Record meetings
How can I download JioMeet app?
JioMeet is available in both desktop and mobile version. Here are the links to download JioMeet
• On Mobile Device – Go to Play Store/ AppStore, search for JioMeet application and download it.
• On Desktop – Visit https://jiomeetpro.jio.com/home#download and download JioMeet application.
How can I join the meeting on JioMeet?
Please follow the steps mentioned below to join the meeting:
Tap on 'Join' >> Enter Meeting ID/ Link >> Join Meeting.
What is the maximum number of participants that I can invite in a call/ meeting?
As a host of the call/ meeting, you can invite up to 250 participants, including yourself.
As a host of the call/meeting, what controls will I have?
1. Group host controls- You can control mic of all active in-call participants at once.
2. Individual host controls - You can individually control mic, camera, rename, make host, ask to start video or remove active in-call participants.
As a guest user, can I join a meeting using a Meeting ID?
Yes. Tap on Join option >> Enter Meeting ID >> Enter your name >> Join Meeting >> PIN (if any).
Please note: Host also has option to “Don’t allow guest users” and if selected, guest users cannot join.
How to mark a favourite contact?
You can mark a contact, VC room or group as a favourite by following below steps:
Go to Contacts Tab >> Tap on any contact >> Tap on Star
Can Host mute/ unmute all attendees at once?
Yes. You can mute/ unmute attendees as a Host. Please tap on Participants option >> Mute/ Unmute All. Moreover, any participants joining the call after the host has muted all the participants will participate as muted by default. The option to force mute all attendees is also available.
Can the participants start the conference even without the host being part of the call?
Yes, it depends upon the Meeting Settings enabled by the host.
What is the difference between ‘Leave Meeting’ and ‘End Meeting’?
Leave Meeting - Host/ attendees can leave a meeting anytime, but other participants will continue in call. End Meeting - Host can end the meeting for all.
Can I make a dial-out call to a VC (Video Conferencing) Room?
Yes. Dial the IP address of the destination legacy endpoint to dial out a call to a VC room.
How to view contacts?
JioMeet quickly and easily recognizes which of your contacts are using JioMeet by server syncing your phone's address book.
Open JioMeet > Go to Contacts tab
Your Phone Contacts, which are already registered on JioMeet can see JioMeet call & native dialler options.
How to place a video call?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to place a video call:
1. Go to contacts page
2. Tap on any Contact Name
3. Tap on Meet icon to make a Video Call
How to receive a video call?
When someone video calls you, you'll see an incoming JioMeet Call screen, where you can:
• Tap on green phone button to accept the call.
• Tap on red phone button to decline the call.
How do I create a Group in JioMeet?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to create a group:
1. Go to Contacts Tab
2. Click on “+” icon
3. Click on “Create a Group”
4. Enter Group name
5. Add Invitees
6. Click on Create Group
• Only registered users can be part of the group.
• Only the creator of the group can delete the group.
• Only the creator of the group can add/ remove users from the group.
How to place a Group Video Call?
Group Calling allows up to 250 participants to make a video call using JioMeet.
1. Go to Contacts page -> Groups.
2. Select the Group(group) you want to make a video call to.
3. Tap on Meet button.
How to avoid Echo in a meeting?
• Ensure another participant is not close to you.
• If you are connected using two devices in the same meeting, kindly keep MIC and Speaker off for another device.
• Generally, if you hear an echo, it means that there is a device out there that is grouping your audio back.
Can I use Bluetooth headset?
Yes, if the Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
How do I change my profile picture?
You can change your profile picture by going to > Settings > Profile > Take Photo/ Choose Photo
How can I get the best video quality?
The video quality that you can get depends on the device used and the network you are connected to. Considering you are connected to the wired network with dedicated bandwidth, you can experience High-Definition (720p) video quality.
What is the difference between dynamic and personal rooms while scheduling a meeting?
Dynamic room means a temporary room. Personal room means a dedicated room which will be available all the time.
What if I want to change my Personal room Password/ PIN after the scheduled meeting ends?
Go to Meetings Tab >> Edit PMI >> Update Password >> Save.
How do I start/ join a scheduled meeting as a host?
Go to Meetings tab >> Upcoming Meetings >> Click on Start option
You can also click on the meeting invitation link which you have received on your Email address.
How do I join a meeting as a participant?
As part of the invite, you will be provided with the following options to join:
• Click on the link provided to join the meeting in the invite email you would have received.
• You will be asked to provide the PIN to enter the meeting, if set by the host.
• You can use JioMeet desktop/ mobile app/ WebRTC to join the meeting.
What are the system requirements to attend a JioMeet call?
• Android – OS version 5.0 and above, min. 2GB RAM.
• IOS – OS version 9 and above, min. 1 GB RAM.
• Mac – OS version 10.9 and above, min. 2GB RAM.
• Windows 7 and above with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) and above, Processor - 1 GHz, RAM – 512 MB.
• Disk space (minimum) - 32 – bit 4.5 GB/ 64 – bit 4.5 GB.
How secure is the JioMeet call?
JioMeet uses SSL 128-bit encryption to ensure the security of your call. Users are expected to follow the below-mentioned guidelines to ensure a secure call:
- Do not share your credentials with others
- Share the meeting invite-only with the intended participants
- Once the required participants have joined, lock the meeting. Using this feature, users cannot join the meeting without the permission of the host
Can participants join in JioMeet through Web using invite link?
Yes, the JioMeet meeting invite will also have a link; clicking the same will open the app or browser where participants have to enter the password to join the meeting.
Is there any limit of participants on JioMeet, if joined in audio-only?
Currently you can hold only audio meetings from JioMeet app (not a PSTN audio) and hence same limit (250 participants) is applicable.
Can I use JioMeet in a language other than English ?
JioMeet supports multiple Indian languages apart from English. Currently Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati are supported. Very soon Tamil, Telugu and Kannada will also be rolled out. Employees can use JioMeet in their preferred language by clicking on "Setting"-> Language.
Where can I see the number of licenses allotted to me against the total licenses subscribed?
The Authorized Signatory can access the license details through Self-Care portal https://JioMeet.jio.com/adminportal and have a view of allotted versus procured licenses.
How do I increase the number of licenses subscribed or change the admin?
You will have to connect with your Authorized Signatory. He/ she can help you with:-
• Increase or Decrease the number of licenses.
• Change the Admin.
• Request for termination of service.
• View and make the payment against the outstanding bill.
Where to raise a query or seeking assistance?
Please login to Self-Care portal for self-troubleshooting procedure associated with your query. In case your issues is not resolved, you may call at 18008899444 or write an email at email@example.com